cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixi 7 - Initial Thoughts - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Pixi 7 - Initial Thoughts

140528-pixi-7-category-page.jpg

When I was first presented the option to try this device out I was skeptical as to the functionality of it. Now that I have one in my hands it's become my go to device for use. This device is a 7.5" X 4.3" size with a screen size of 7". It boasts a triple-core 1.2 Ghz processor, 4GB of storage with optional MicroSD card slot, Bluetooth 4.0, Wifi b/g/n, and a 2840 mAh battery.

pixi7.png

The device is centered on being a well-rounded player for an entry level tablet. I compare this tablet to Amazons basic 7" kindle fire tablet. More on this later.  It handles very well. Streaming is a breeze, connectivity is flawless. Users will be impressed by the slim size of the device. It will fit in your hand nicely but not add any bulkiness to cause issues. Though one handed operations are not conducive with this size.

pixi7-product-page-7.jpg

One of the most impressive things so far is the battery. This device holds its power for a long time. I have on occasion just left it by my couch and not pick it up for a day or 2. Then eventually I would grab it and it would show battery levels approximate 8 days left. I have streamed multiple movies, listened to music and still have juice to browse check email and even text (yes text, with google hangouts).

Never estimate the power of a little device as this one can still give you the ability to play some of the high end games with full graphics and motion. No lagging is seen yet. Though I have noticed if you are running too many applications and hogging the limited 500 Mb memory you could start to get a little slow. Simple enough close those application not needed and be on your merry way.

pixi7-product-page-2-20140611190634.jpg

The Pixi 7 in my eyes is a device given to those whom will be basic users and not heavy players. It will give you the feel of comfort to have an easy device with a nice size screen to view content. Though don't expect too much from this little sprite of device. It can easily be a go to device for anyone or a primary device for even your little ones. But even the adults would not shy away from giving this little guy a try.

Disclaimer:
The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee