cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixi 7 tablet user friendly Settings menu - Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

20140226_17.png

The Alcatel Onetouch Pixi 7 has one of the easiest Settings menu I have seen in awhile even with Android? Lollipop 5.0.2. One thing that can more frustrating than anything is a device with a very complicated settings menu. Plus the Pixi 7 tablet comes with a 7" TFT (1024x600) 169 ppi 16m color display and 8GB ROM internal memory + 1GB RAM. The end user storage after OS and everything is around 4GB with a microSD slot expandable up to 32GB.

Screenshot_2015-12-11-17-44-00.png

Some OEMs have a heavy to light overlay to the settings menu making it hard to find what you want. Alcatel made the settings menu very easy to navigate and find the things you need when you need it. As you can see from the screenshot above, the settings menu is very simple and do not have to keep scrolling like you  with other tablets and phones setting menu. One of the first settings I had to adjust on my Pixi 7 was the display brightness.

Screenshot_2015-12-11-17-44-26.pngScreenshot_2015-12-11-17-44-55.png

I have my brightness turned down to about halfway so that when I play games or watch a video the screen is not over saturated and appear washed out. This adjustment is easy to do from the pull down menu by dragging the brightness slider left or right to your preference. There is one other setting I adjusted for the display that needs to be adjusted through the settings menu.

Screenshot_2015-12-18-16-09-23.png

One additional setting I had adjusted was turning off Adaptive brightness under Display settings from the main Settings menu. I opted not to leave Adaptive Brightness on because it took away from my personal preference on how I use my Pixi 7 tablet for games and surfing online. I wanted to share these settings/adjustments with others for their Alcatel Onetouch Pixi 7 or for someone that would like to visit a Sprint store near them to check out the Pixi 7 tablet.

Thanks,

Blue

Your Sprint Product Ambassador team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee