cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: Alcatel ONETOUCH PIXI 7 as a GPS

Sprint Product Ambassador

http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/phones/45580-xlarge/Alcatel-OneTouch-PIXI-7.jpg

Picture taken from phonearena,com

My family and I recently got back from traveling to Tennessee for the holidays.  Whenever travel comes up it's good to have a GPS in mind.  With the advances in phone GPS through apps there is no need to own a Garmin or TomTom.  So traveling up there instead of diminishing my phone battery I thought we would try the tablet.  Here was my setup:

1 Note 5 streaming Pandora through Bluetooth

1 Pixi 7 as GPS

No chargers in place

I wanted to test out the battery life if one was being used to stream and the other for GPS.  We ended up having to plug my phone in about 4 hours into the drive.  The tablet last about 5 hours into the drive before needing a charge.  Needless to say the Pixi was the perfect road companion getting us up there.  Now the drive back was a different story.  No complaints for the tablet in fact it was the hero.

We left TN coming back at 3 in the morning.  We hit Atlanta at 6 and immediately immersed in traffic.  This was largely due to road construction mixed in with a light drizzle.  This delayed us about 45 minutes.  Then driving again for about 3 hours we found our selves in a stand still.  Using Waze on the tablet I was able to find an alternate route and cut across the state versus continuing in stand still traffic.  Now your probably saying "this could have been done on your phone".  I agree but I would have the area to work with to find an alternate path, plus I was jamming while in traffic.  So the moral of the story is if you want to take a road trip and need a GPS but don't want to use your phone.  The Pixi 7 is the perfect companion for directions!

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”