cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alcatel Ride-Fi - Don't Leave Home Disconnected - Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

(Images appearing compressed? Click images to open in new window/tab for better viewing experience)

Hey everyone!

It has been a while since my last blog post about a device.  However, I am very excited to write about the latest device I received, the Alcatel OneTouch Ride-Fi Mobile Hotspot!  

This blog will be related to its performance on the network.  There are other blogs available from my counterparts related to setup, ease of use, etc., so please take some time to read over the blogs when you have time!

The Alcatel OneTouch Ride-Fi (We’ll just use Ride-Fi for short going forward – it’s a lot of typing each time ) is a portable mobile hotspot designed for use in a vehicle. It uses the DC Power Outlet in a vehicle (AKA cigarette lighter receptacle) to power your device so that your vehicle is always connected to the Sprint LTE network! 

Here’s an example of the unit in my vehicle:

20160229_141948.jpg

20160229_142031.jpg

Having Internet connectivity in your vehicle for all of your devices is convenient.  Additionally, it’s almost necessary in today’s society (tablets, eReaders, portable gaming devices, etc.).  Additionally important is speed.  I know that I like to use Sprint’s improved LTE network, and I like to share the experience with friends and family, and the RideFi lets me do that with ease. 

I live in the Portland, Oregon area -- technically I live north of Portland in a small community in Washington, but for simplicity sake it’s easier to say Portland – and I travel extensively for my position at Sprint.  I travel throughout Oregon, Southern Idaho, Southwest Washington and even Hawaii.  Therefore, I am able to take my RideFi with me to experience Sprint Speed in numerous places.  So far, I have been extremely pleased at the performance of the RideFi and its connectivity to the network.  I do not have to sacrifice speed while I am on the go, which is critical.  No longer am I tied to a conference call without the ability to check in on my e-Mail or other applications on my phone or tablet!

Here are a few examples of speeds that I have pulled on the RideFi over the last week in the Portland metro area:

Speed 1.pngSpeed 2.pngSpeed 3.png

Speed 4.pngSpeed 5.png

I look forward to utilizing the device in Las Vegas this coming weekend (March 4th – March 6th) at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Kobalt 400.  Why?  Well, because Sprint was recently named number one in Las Vegas by RootMetrics.  “Independent mobile analytics firm RootMetrics® has just released a new RootScore® Report showing Sprint now has the top rated network in Las Vegas with a #1 ranking in overall performance, data performance, and speed; along with a tie for #1 in reliability, call and text. Wow!” (Sprint Newsroom, 2015).  I will try to post an update on my experience in Las Vegas upon my return!

RootMetrics_RootScore_Overall_Las_Vegas2C_NV_2016_1H_Highres.jpg

Read more HERE

Overall, I am pleased with the performance, speed, and convenience of the RideFi mobile hotspot. I have found many uses for this device, and I look forward to sharing them with you in the coming weeks with future blog posts.

As always, thanks for reading!

~Troy

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee