cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alcatel Ride-Fi - Portable Gaming Connectivity - Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

(If photos appear compressed on a mobile device, please click the photo to open in a new tab/window for better viewing)

Hey again, everyone!

In my last blog on the Alcatel OneTouch Ride-Fi Mobile Hotspot I talked about the portability and speed of the unit.  This time, however, I want to talk about a real-world application that I know many of you can relate to.

I have two kids who absolutely love taking their Nintendo 2DS and 3DS in the vehicle whenever we go to the store, go on a road trip, or just pretty much wherever.  Let?s be honest here for a minute; I take my 3DS with me wherever I go as well because I?m still a Nintendo nerd.  Prior to the Ride-Fi, my kids and I were unable to play multi-player games when we were out and about or when I would travel and take my 3DS with me.  My oldest daughter is the one who gets the most use out of the online features because she can battle people across the globe in Super Smash Bros. 3DS or trade/battle Pokémon with other players.  The Ride-Fi, coupled with Sprint?s blazing-fast LTE, allows me and my kids to enjoy the Internet-based features while we are away from a home Wi-Fi connection. My youngest doesn?t necessarily find the online features to be as entertaining, but she does get some use out of the Netflix app on her 2DS, so it?s still a win-win!

Here's a view of online play (spectating to allow for easier photo capture) on Super Smash Bros. 3DS:

SSB3DS.jpg

My wife is not much of an online game player, but she does utilize Kindle Fire to download games and books whenever she needs to.  She is an author and a blogger, and she is constantly receiving books for her blogging abilities. She needs Internet quite often to complete this task, but was previously unable to without the Ride-Fi.  The Ride-Fi enables my wife to download a new game to her Kindle or download a book (or multiple) while we are on the go, all the while my children are enjoying their online multiplayer features on their Nintendo 2DS/3DS?s!  When we go camping, I am looking forward to being able to power our portable gaming devices, tablets, and PCs with the Ride-Fi.

Here are some photos of my family enjoying their always-connected world (my oldest wasn?t available for the photo shoot.. ):

20160317_113857.jpg20160317_113851.jpg

20160317_113909.jpg

Now, I realize that not everyone will have a household full of portable Nintendo consoles, but many households have children or other family members who have various types of tablets (Samsung, iPad, Kindle, Nook, etc.), an iPod or even a Sony PlayStation Vita.  You can download your content, play online via multiplayer features, and access your necessary services all while on the go with the Alcatel OneTouch Ride-Fi.  I should note that online multiplayer sessions (or streaming video/audio) may eat up some data allotment in your plan, so play responsibly and monitor your usage.  (I may have a future blog on managing your usage on this device as well, so keep an eye out!)

I do not play my handheld gaming devices as much as I used to due to other obligations.  However, my kids reap the benefits the most, which is what is important, especially on those long car trips.  My family and I are taking a trip to Northern Idaho this coming Easter weekend, and I am certain my kids will need the Internet for their gaming/streaming needs. 

Interested in purchasing a Ride-Fi?  Head to your nearest Sprint store (locate one here) or go online to the Ride-Fi Product Page HERE

Disclaimers:

- Please note that you may have to adjust some settings on your portable gaming device to enable access to online content while connected to the Ride-Fi. Specifically, Nintendo products seem to not always play nicely with routers/hotspots, so if you are having troubles, drop a comment below and I can help walk you through a connection setup on your 3DS to enable online gaming on games such as Super Smash Bros. 3DS.

- Nintendo, Super Smash Bros. 3DS, Pokémon, Sony PlayStation Vita, Kindle, Nook, iPod and iPad are trademarks of their respective owners.  This blog is not sponsored, nor endorsed, by the trademark owners noted in the post. Any mention to a trademark owner is based on personal usage and not a professional relationship/endorsement/sponsorship.

- The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

As always, I thank you for reading!  Drop a note below with the games you play on your portable gaming device, whether it be a handheld console, a tablet, or another unit!

~ Troy