cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alcatel Ride-Fi - Share the Bandwidth - Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

Alcatel Ride-Fi - Share the Bandwidth

The Ride-Fi as described is a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot for your vehicle and as such it allows multiple users to connect and share the availability of the network. The Ride-Fi is designed to allow up to 8 users to connect and share the network connectivity. I often wonder how such a small device can handle the amounts of traffic for multiple devices. I set out to see if this device can actually handle the throughput of multiple devices connected. I especially wanted to see how it would; handle multiple video streams occurring at the same time.

I setup my test as follow. I connects 5 devices (what I had at the time) 2 laptops, 2 tablets, and 1 iPad. Each device was connected to the Ride-Fi and was able to obtain an IP address for network connectivity, I had the 2 laptops navigate using a chrome browser to go to YouTube and pull up Sprints page and set it for a video to stream. On the 2 tablets and iPad I launched the YouTube application and navigated to the Sprint page and set them to play the same video stream. All devices were set to run the video at the highest "HD" setting.

The test was initiated and I started all streams simultaneously what was seen was amazing. All 5 devices were streaming the media with no issues. No fragmentation, Delays, Stutters, or audio quality was seen. Each stream played out as smoothly as the next. See the outcome below.

All in all this little mobile Wi-Fi hotspot can clearly handle the power of multiple-streams.  I am satisfied to know that with a family of 5 as I have we can all connect and stream and utilize Sprints network with no issues. While I make no attempts to state this is the norm network connectivity will always be based on the availability of the bandwidth from the Sprint network. As you can see once up and connected you will be pleased with the results of the services being offered.

Disclaimer:
   The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee