cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding A Perfect Place For Your Alcatel OneTouch Ride-Fi � Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Finding A Perfect Place For Your Alcatel OneTouch Ride-Fi – Sprint Product Ambassadors

So, one thing I’m noticing lately is many new cars often will have a couple 12VDC (Cigarette) power jacks and not always isolated to the traditional placement at the bottom of the front dash or back seat.  If you have a newer car, look around because you might have another jack lurking elsewhere and that just might be a perfect (and more discrete) mounting place for your Alcatel One Touch Ride-Fi.

IMG_20160320_070132.jpg

Here’s my example:

I own a late model Dodge Avenger and one thing I only recently noticed is my center console actually has a fully contained 12VDC (Cigarette) power jack.  This is totally perfect from my Alcatel One Touch Ride-Fi as it keeps it completely out of the way and hidden.  I especially like it because that 12V outlet shuts off with the car.  So even if I forget my Ride-Fi in my car, it’s out of view and not draining my battery (which at 150Ma, even if the outlet was always on, it would take a very long time).  Also remember you can easily switch the orientation of the Ride-Fi from straight on to a 90 degree angle making it perfectly adaptable for many cars. In my case having the Alcatel One Touch Ride-Fi fully extended is preferred (while in my console) as it takes up the least space and gives me quick access to the power and USB port.

IMG_20160320_070117.jpg

Another thing you’ll see a lot of in cars is built in 5VDC USB ports (sometimes located in nice hidden areas).   Alcatel One Touch Ride-Fi can alternatively run on 5VDC so if you wanted to use the 5VDC option that is certainly a possibility too. However you will need to bring your own USB Cable (Needs have two Type A Male ends) and anchoring solution (so it doesn’t roll around).

Any way you have it the tiny Alcatel One Touch Ride-Fi is one sweet in car hot spot solution.  One that allows your creativity with your connectivity. Do you have any interesting places you have your Ride-Fi plugged in?  

Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.