cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadtrip with the Alcatel ONETOUCH Ride-Fi - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Vacation season is upon us, as summer is right around the corner. This means it is road trip time! Wally World, anyone?

Let’s go through the road trip checklist, shall we…

• Gas… Check!
  • Snacks… Check!
  • Beverages... Check!
  • Sunglasses… Check!
  • Music (aka your Sprint smartphone so you can stream great tunes)... Check!
  • In-Vehicle WiFi (so you can work and play on the long ride)... what, no check? Fear not, as there is a solution, the Alcatel ONETOUCH Ride-Fi.

Screenshot 2016-03-09 09.14.53.png

The Alcatel ONETOUCH Ride-Fi turns your vehicle into a portable LTE hotspot. The Ride-Fi plugs directly into your vehicle’s DC socket (aka what was once known as the cigarette charging port).

The Ride-Fi provides Sprint 4G LTE connectivity to your vehicle. No worries about it taking up your DC socket, as there is a USB 2.0 port on the Ride-Fi that enables you to plug your existing USB cable into the device so you can charge your phone, tablet, etc.

The Alcatel ONETOUCH Ride-Fi will allow for 8 Wi-Fi devices to connect to the internet using 2.4GHz WiFi. The device is lightweight and portable, weighing only 1.8 ounces and is 12mm thin. This enables the Ride-Fi to be easily tucked away in your glove compartment when not in use.

“This is all great, but how well does it work,” you ask. I can personally attest to the fact that it works quite well while on the road. Recently, I was on a 14 hour road trip in which I was a passenger. On this trip, I was able to connect to the Alcatel ONETOUCH Ride-Fi and access 4G LTE in the vehicle, allowing me to connect my work laptop to the portable Wi-Fi hotspot and get work done! At the same time, I was charging my devices via the USB 2.0 port on the Ride-Fi. It was a fantastic and productive experience.

If you’re in need of in-vehicle 4G LTE Wi-Fi connectivity, I suggest you check out the Alcatel ONETOUCH Ride-Fi, available at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee #jruggiero #sprintproductambassadors #alcatel #onetouch #ridefi