cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: What's your Color?

Sprint Product Ambassador

My second week with the Ride-FI by Alcatel is making my life even easier. You maybe ask how?

For starters, I leave my device in my vehicle, but it has a compact size that can fit perfectly in your pant or shirt pocket, a backpack or a purse. Once I power it on, I am ready to connect in no time.

In fact, I really enjoy how quick the device power up. I have had the traditional square hotspot and those devices typically take two to three minutes or longer before you can connect your computer, tablet or smart phone to the device.

With the Ride-FI, I am connected to the device less than a minute. You just press the power button for about two seconds and the device is on and it is ready to play.

Once you are connected, the Ride-FI will offer you a visual description of what it is doing. I have included a snap shot from the user manual that comes with the device.

LED Indicator Description

Network Signal LED

1.pngLED Off - Device is powered off or in power saving mode

2.pngFlashing Blue (In 1s frequency) - Searching for 4G LTE network

3.pngFlashing Blue (In 0.5s frequency) - Attempting HFA

4.pngSolid Blue - Connected to 4G LTE network

5.pngFlashing Red (In 0.5s frequency) - Searching for network

6.pngFlashing Red (In 1s frequency) - Roaming request, need to confirm on WebUI

7.pngSolid Red - No Signal

8.pngFlashing Lilac - Searching for 3G network

9.pngSolid Lilac - Connected to 3G network

Wi-Fi LED

10.pngLED Off - Device is powered off or in power saving mode

11.pngSolid Blue - Wi-Fi is active

Colorful and easy to read.

Go ahead and try out the Alcatel Ride-FI!

Ask me how to save 30-50% on unlimited data with #Sprint. #sprintemployeereferral http://sprint.co/1xtkxki

Disclaimer:
  The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee