cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors � Enjoying the Sprint LTE speed with the Alcatel onetouch rideFi

Sprint Product Ambassador

Although the AlcaTel onetouch rideFi is not equipped with the Sprint LTE Plus (Carrier Aggregation) feature, I found that the rideFi provides adequate speed for my need around my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (Wi-Fi version).

I have actually used the rideFi in my office to stream the NCAA basketball tournament, like I previously posted. Also to uses the tablet as a turn-by-turn navigation device.  In average I get the following speed:

Screenshot_2016-02-22-18-31-05.png

Like I have mentioned in a previous post.  My home cable service was down for a period of two days and I have used this rideFi device to provide Internet service inside the house for that period.

One advantage of the rideFi is its tri-band function: 800MHz, 1900MHz and 2.5GHz LTE bands. Sprint provides LTE services on the above three bands.  Sprint has a large holding of 2.5GHz spectrum.  However, 2,5GHz would have low propagation hence cannot penetrate in-building and reach as far as the lower frequencies.

At the basement of my house, I used to get very poor signal quality.  Recently, Sprint added the 800MHz LTE service near my home.  I am now able to get LTE service in the basement of the home.  During the cable service outage, I actually get to use the rideFi in the basement and obtained the following speed:

Screenshot_2016-03-12-21-01-47.png

It is not in the super duper high speed range, but was enough for me to do most of the things I wanted to do on my tablet, including watching YouTube video.

So I have to remind myself, don’t leave home without the rideFi.

Bye for now

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.