cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors � Go March Madness with the Alcatel onetouch rideFi

Sprint Product Ambassador

Last week was the start of the March Madness season and I could do no better with leveraging the rideFi hotspot to stream the NCAA games at work and while riding in the car.

I have the Samsung Note 8.0 WiFi only tablet which I use most of the time for my personal use outside work.  The Note 8.0 gives me the flexibility of watching/reading anything anywhere around the house.  With the rideFi hotspot I can now watch my favorite sporting events while waiting for my wife shopping in the car, or during time like March Madness I can comfortable stream the games without using the work IP network for my heavy private use.

So the setup is I set up the rideFi either in the car:

20160317_175944.jpg

(Note, I would prefer not to have to plug the unit in the cigarette lighter as the unit is way down to the floor which may not be good for the reception.  In this case, I get decent signal from the device, good enough to stream the NCAA game).

Or at work:

20160223_095607.jpg

In order to watch the NCAA game, I use the NCAA March Madness app by Turner on the Google Play:

Screenshot_2016-03-23-17-05-04.png

The rideFi allows me to stream the game pretty flawlessly at my work desk or in the car:

20160317_154429.jpg

20160317_180227.jpg

The following screens can give you some ideas on the GBs that I use for almost 4:20 hours of NCAA streaming: 2.8GB which is not too bad.

Screenshot_2016-03-17-13-04-46.png

Screenshot_2016-03-17-17-21-49.png

I thoroughly enjoy the use of the rideFi that helps me being aware of what is going on with March Madness while at work and in the vehicle.  Very useful indeed!

Bye for now

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.