cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the ALCATEL onetouch Ride-Fi? hotspot is worth considering? - Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

composition-1.pngSprint launched the ALCATEL onetouch Ride-Fi? available in February 2016 for 24 monthly installments at $7 a month, pay $168 full price or subsidize it with 2 year agreement with $0 charge. What sets this mobile hot spot device away from others is no cords required. The ALCATEL onetouch Ride-Fi? plugs in to your vehicle's 12v power socket or cigarette lighter for power and has a USB 2.0 plugin available.

Long trips will run down the battery of other mobile hot spots and require the addition of another cable and plug in option in order to maintain power for your Wi-Fi connection. This is where the unique feature of the ALCATEL onetouch Ride-Fi? using DC port to keep it powered up till the end of your trip. Plus, the Ride-Fi? can be powered up with the use of a USB 2.0 A Male to A Male Cable plugged into PC, Portable Charger or other source that can power 2.0 USB devices.

I have used my ALCATEL onetouch Ride-Fi? in my truck driving around town, home plugged into my laptop, at the office through a USB hub and my HTC Andru Android USB Charger that can be carried around to make my Ride-Fi portable to other places.

20160420_170612.jpg

The ALCATEL onetouch Ride-Fi? includes Wi-Fi strength indicator with a couple of different colors for Network depending on your Network connection. The user guide provide more details on LED colors.

Specifications

• The Alcatel OneTouch Ride-Fi (Y856UB) is a hinged mobile hotspot made especially for use in a vehicle.
  • Dimensions: 5.37 x1.34  X .47
  • Weight: 1.83 Ounces
  • Power: Via the 12V DC cigarette lighter power input only.
  • Chipset: Qualcomm MDM9625+ AR6004
  • Processor: ARM Cortex-A5 1GHz
  • Operating System: Linux 3.4
  • Memory: 512 MB RAM/ 256 MB ROM
  • LED Indicator
  • Web based end-user configuration app
  • iPhone/Android end-user application
  • Wi-Fi:2.4 GHz, 5 GHz and MIMO 2X2; a/b/g/n
    • Connects up to 8 devices (Smartphones, tablets, laptops, e-readers, printers, portable gaming consoles, and more...)
  • Security Modes: WEP-64/WEP-128/WPA2-Personal, but don't support WPA2-Enterprise.

Capture.PNG

I have found ALCATEL onetouch Ride-Fi? come in handy during stormy weather when I lost my ISP services due to the storm. I plugged my Ride-Fi into my laptop and was able to stream weather reports and use my other Wi-Fi devices to weather out the storm. My wife has enjoyed the Wi-Fi connection on her tablet while we are driving around in town....

The Ride-Fi? has so many uses and allows you to save your battery on your phones hot spot for when you may really need it battery power for other uses. Check out the ALCATEL onetouch Ride-Fi? to make your car a mobile hotspot!

Thanks,

Blue

Your Sprint Product Ambassador team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee