cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 Reasons Why I Love My LG G7 ThinQ - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

10 Reasons Why I Love My LG G7 ThinQ - Sprint Product Ambassadors

10_Reasons.jpg

So let the record show, I am a pretty big LG fan, so this composition is undoubtedly filled with bias, favoritism and pure fanboy enthusiasm.  However, if you can see past all that and/or share in my pure love for everything LG, read on as many of the things listed will be all too familiar.

In no particular order, here are 10 great things I personally love about the LG G7 ThinQ.  Some of these things are common across other G series phones, a few are fairly recent in the G Series line and some are unique to the G7 ThinQ alone.  Regardless of circumstance, here the things I love best

• The Rear Round Finger Print Sensor – Finger print sensors are nothing new but I still think LG really found a sweet spot in terms of size, position and shape. The LG G7 ThinQ is another great example how a lighting fast sensor placed in the right area makes an experience just perfect.  Having the sensor on the back of the phone keeps your thumb and three fingers anchored tightly to the device.  You won’t drop it.  Its position favors your index and/or middle finger for the task of unlocking, the feeling is smooth and ergonomic.  Using it for a while will make it hard to go back to front sensor phones.

• Aux Jack – It sounds silly to mention but those aux/headphone jacks are becoming rare on most devices. This is especially true with many flagship and higher end phones.  Often the USB-C port will include an adaptor to allow a standard headphone connection but don’t expect to be able to charge while listing to music.  Doesn’t sound too bad, eh?  What about older vehicles without Bluetooth?  Do I you have to choose at that point?   Case in point:  The other day I was driving a loaner vehicle and needed to charge my phone while patching sound (from my GPS) through my car speakers.  Of course there was no Bluetooth in that vehicle but thankfully I just got my LG G7 ThinQ.  I was able to keep my battery charging and still had the GPS barking commands where I could hear them.  With my last device I would have had to sacrifice one or the other.  Either hope my battery doesn’t die or hope I heard where the last turn was.

• Case Options – Again, although I still favor my Spigen Crystal Shell cases, I also like to know I can have options. If Spigen isn’t your thing, you’ll always find a wealth of other case options with G series phones. This factor can be important if you are used to a particular manufacturer and want to make sure and take that experience from phone to phone.  I remember going from the LG G4 to the LG G5 and now the LG G7 ThinQ.  The only common trend was the same kind of case, which was easy to find.

• Works Great with My Car’s U-Connect (Attn Mopar Owners) – So my vehicle is from 2013 and I only have 50K miles on it. Needless to say I’ll be keeping it a while.  At the time, I sprung for the best U-Connect dash system available.  This is basically the heart of my car and I’m stuck with it.   Although, most phones work good but there are some exceptions.  Some have low volume across Bluetooth, others won’t sync my Address Book and still devices have other strange behavior.  It really doesn’t matter the make and grade of phones, some just don’t play nice.  The exception of course is LG phones, which always work right out of the box (at least on my U-Connect).

• Hi-Fi External Audio Effects – Speaking of that Aux jack, you should use it. Hardwire connections unlock a wealth of sound goodies.  LG has always been pretty good with this.  Hi-Fi Quad DAC has been an option for a while and gives great sound with excellent control but now on the G7 ThinQ, you’ll also see a mode called DTS: X 3D Surround.  This is a virtual surround and works particularly good when watching movies.  There are three modes available but I tend to favor “Wide”. 

• Flash Jump-Cut – Read my other blog for more details regarding this feature but in a nutshell, Flash Jump-Cut is the best way to capture quick and easy animated GIFs. They are fun.  They travel great on MMS messages and ultimately will unlock your creative roots.

• Wide Camera Lens – I think was first introduced on the LG G5 but I’m glad to see it stuck around. You simply can’t take a better single-shot landscape picture.

• Acappella Good Morning” Alarm – Oh it’s been on every LG phone I’ve ever owned and found nowhere else. It’s so irritating and because of that is also by far the most effective alarm clock tone ever.  I never oversleep.  It gets me up and awake faster than any alarm sound on any phone I’ve ever used.

• LG Health – LG Health is also an app that has been with LG for a while. I generally favor the Fitbit App and actual Fitbit hardware for tracking my activity. However Fitbit hardware breaks in my hands (or gets lost) and LG Health is a nice backup.

• LG Smart Cleaning – This is also something nice that has been around a while. Besides freeing up space and memory, Smart Cleaning has also expanded to Testing Hardware functions, battery performance and other details.

So all and all, there you have ten things I love in no particular order.  If you have never tried a LG phone, there has never been a better opportunity with the LG G7 ThinQ.  If you have had LG phones in the past, rest assured all the great things you love about LG are back with other neat additions.  Life is Good with LG.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.