cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11 Things I LOVE about the ONEPLUS 7 Pro 5G – Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

11 Things I LOVE about the ONEPLUS 7 Pro 5G – Sprint Product Ambassadors

02_Title.jpg

So I always like to randomly list things I love about a particular phone in quick and easy snippets.  This is both easier for my readers to absorb as well as it ultimately paves a playground where I can build further blogs off of.

So here are 11 things I love about the new ONEPLUS 7 Pro 5G (so far):

I love the random uses of red ones that replace numbers in the clock, temperature or other places.  Clearly this is a plug for ONEPLUS but it’s neat and unique.

5G – I don’t live in an area where I’ll see 5G coverage any time soon but that doesn’t mean I don’t travel.  Having access to the best networks wherever I go is not only nice but sets a benchmark where I can expect for the future.

256GB Internal Storage – Although I also like having options for external micro SD cards, I won’t complain too much when I have 256GB of fast internal storage on board.  Especially when shooting high resolution video and other speed sensitive functions there is simply nothing better than on board.

WARP Charge 30 – OMG is this charging fast and really makes a difference when you are in a pinch.  I can be forgetful and wasteful with how I use power and when I have late hour regret it just doesn’t matter.  All I need is an hour and I’m back at full charge.

Camera – I am far from a shutterbug.  I’ve also gotten more simple and automatic in my later years.  Thankfully the ONEPLUS 7 Pro does all of the work for me.  I have yet to take a horrible picture and take many remarkable pictures that give me a false sense of hope as a future photographer.  Very thankful, I have a good camera that takes good pictures even when I’m the one shooting them.

Amazon Is An After Thought – I keep noticing more and more headsets overloaded with vendor preference and tons of preloaded bloatware from each.  Amazon is one of those and although I do love Amazon, I hate to see every last Amazon app preloaded on my phone.  I tend to like to pick and choose what I want and ONETOUCH doesn’t preload any of that stuff by default.  I even needed to add the Amazon shopping app manually which was a surprising change.

Case and Screen Protector Included – Oh it’s just too cool.  Buy a phone and done deal.  You have everything you need right in the box.  The clear crystal case is similar to the Spigen cases I buy and the screen protector was already applied.  Such a pleasant surprise that I wasn’t expecting.

Pop Up Selfie Cam – Oh it’s neat.  It works well, it looks good and there simply is no better conversation starter. No longer does a front cam have to take up real estate on your screen.  ONETOUCH found a better way.

One Plus community App – Normally I just ignore these but the One Plus Community app is rather useful, especially this being my first One Plus phone

The Slider switch for Silent / Vibrate / Ring – On the side of the phone this healthy click switch gives me no doubt what mode I’m in.  It’s so simple and seems old fashioned but I so totally LOVE IT.

Screen Refresh Rate – 90Hz is a rather unique thing to see on a phone and actually very comfortable to look at.  Transitions look smooth and it just feels overall smooth.  For videos it looks like its app specific.   I don’t get any soap opera effect when watching or if there is, I don’t notice it.  Perhaps 90Hz is a happy place between 60Hz an 120Hz.

In conclusion there is just a whole bunch of goodness packed into this device.  Two weeks in and I couldn’t be any happier. Check back with me next week for even more features explained or other tips and tricks for user new and old.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee