cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

19 Reasons Why I Love My New LG G8 ThinQ - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

19 Reasons Why I Love My New LG G8 ThinQ - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Every once and a while I just like to spit out a long list of everything I love about a new device.   I try not to bore you with too much jargon or over communicated points and thus, you are about to read 19 quick reasons why I love the new LG G8 ThinQ.

1. Camera – All the things I love about the LG G4 camera which continued the G5 and V20 has returned. That magical kind of sharpness and micro detail when up close is back and better than ever.
  2. Flash Jump-Cut – Taking those magical images and making quick and easy animated GIF files has never looked better.
  3. AR Stickers – Want to take a picture of a 50 ft. Pikachu without needing to actually have a 50 ft. Pikachu. Look no further.  That and many move photo novelties are at your fingertips.
  4. Finger Print Sensor on the Rear – Speaking about finger tips, you simply can’t find a better sensor position than where LG has anchored it for this phone many phones past.
  5. Knock On – Sure it’s a little obsolete but the old knock on patterns are there and familiar like an old friend
  6. Hand ID – Combined with Knock on is neat and fun way to unlock your phone. Just tell your friends you are using “the force” they will think you really are.
  7. Headphone Jack – It sounds so silly but too many vendors have removed this as an option. It’s needed.  From my Kinsa thermometer, Square Card Reader and Hi-Fi Audio, LG’s commitment to the 3.5mm is always appreciated.
  8. DTS X 3D Surround – Speaking of that 3.5mm jack, my movies never sounded better thanks to this cool audio enhancement.
  9. Acappella Good Morning Alarm – When you simply MUST WAKE UP, accept no substitutes this is the alarm for you.
  10. LG Health – Whenever my Fitbit is lost or broken, LG Health is my back up for tracking steps and activity. I’m so glad to see this included with each new release.
  11. Video Editing – I just want quick and dirty video editing and LG makes it easy to trim down, use effective enhancements produce something usable in a matter of moments. With other handsets I have to rely on other applications but LG gives it all right here.
  12. WiFi and VoLTE Calling – So useful at times. A must when I travel to the rural north and need something usable when I’m in the mountains, far away from a cell signal.
  13. Smart Cleaning – Another quick and easy LG app that keeps your LG phone running at peak efficiency
  14. HD Audio Recorder – Are you a music lover or musician. There is just something nice about having a nice full featured audio recorder in your pocket and one that doesn’t sound like a microcassette recorder from 1993.
  15. 128GB of Internal Storage – Wow, it’s so nice to see internal storage growing larger and larger without taking more and more out of my pocket.
  16. Expandable Up to 2TB – Do they even make a 2TB Micro SD card? Lord knows why would need one so large or if you will see one available soon but rest assured LG sets you up for the future.
  17. QHD + OLED Screen – Well, I can’t afford an OLED TV right now but at least I have it in my phone. The screen is bright vibrant and never looked better.
  18. Works Will With My Dodge UConnect – My poor aging Dodge UConnect system doesn’t play well with many new phones but everything works with the LG G8 ThinQ and all the LG phones before.
  19. It’s an LG – Again I’m a real LG fanboy and it brings me no better joy, than telling people I have the new LG phone and it’s awesome.

Can you tell I totally dig this new LG G8 ThinQ?  Why not check one out for yourself?

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.