BlogArticlePage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 Cool Uses For The LG Dual Screen

Sprint Product Ambassador

After using the LG Dual Screen for a while now, I thought I would share 4 of my favorite uses for the second screen.

1. Being in control of your games

LGController.jpgCredit: LGI like to play games on my phone but some of them use console (e.g. Xbox, PlayStation) like controls with an onscreen control pad. I personally find using these onscreen controls difficult to use as my hands covers up part of the screen and it just doesn’t feel intuitive. The Dual Screen fixes this issue by using the second screen as a dedicated controller. Just tap the Game Launcher icon on the Dual-Screen-Controller.jpgCredit: Phone ArenaDual Screen and you’ll not only have the option to open any existing games you have, but you can also access the Google Play Store, you can access YouTube's dedicated gaming channel and finally access the LG Fame Pad. As for the game pad itself, there are a few of options to choose from including Console, Racing, Arcade, or you can create your own custom game pad. The built in game pads only work with games that support a physical game pad but LG insists that the “create your own” will work with other games. If your curious as to which games support a game pad, go to ‘About this game’ when checking out a game on the Google Play Store. 

2. Multi-task like never before

Dual-Screen-Multitask1.jpgCredit: CnetOne of the features I found really useful with the Dual Screen was the ability to use 2 apps at once. I know this feature has been around for some time with Android, but instead of having to split the apps between one screen, you can now have the apps in full screen thanks to the second screen. I found this super useful when doing things like ordering my groceries online. I can have the list on one screen and the grocery app on the other. You can also do things like watch a video on one screen while multi-tasking on the other screen. The possibilities are endless and when your done using the second screen, simply turn it off and fold it under.

3. You have the power

With the Dual Screen, I expected the accessory to be powered by an internal battery which would add weight and bulk to it. Boy was I wrong. LG made the smart move by using the G8x’s battery to power the second screen. As for how long the battery will last, that really depends on how much you use the dual screen. If you’re watching a video and multi-tasking with another app, you’re going to use up the G8x’s 4000 mAh battery quickly. With normal daily use, I can get through most of my day and really only need to charge it for a while in the evening. LG has made it so you can turn off the second screen when you want to as well as adjust brightness which will all allow for some conservation of the battery.

4. Standing on its own

I watch a lot of videos on my phone, so its no surprise that one of my favorite uses for the Dual lg-g8x-thinq1.jpgCredit: LG Screen is a simple one, using it as a stand. Because you can flip open the second screen like a book or mini laptop, I prop up the phone on a table when watching videos. No longer to I have to look for something to accomplish this or buy a case that has a kick stand. Like I said, its such a small thing, but I get lots of use out of it.

Closing thoughts

LG has honestly surprised me with how good the Dual Screen is. When I first heard about it, I scoffed, thinking “what do I need a second screen for”. The answer? Well, a lot of things apparently. Whether it’s using multiple apps at once, controlling your games or making it easier to watch videos, LG has a winner here. Let me know what some of your favorite uses for the Dual Screen are.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee