cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Early Impressions With The Moto Z2 Force - Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

Motorola is back and early impressions seem to indicate that their latest flagship phone, the Moto Z2 Force, has all the makings to hang with the big boys. I’ll be posting a more in depth review of the phone in the coming weeks, but I wanted to get out my first five early impressions.

Moto-Z2-Force-Header.jpg

Will Shatter Shield become the new standard? Moto says this screen is shatterproof and they weren’t kidding. Motorola has pulled this off by creating several layers on top of the screen with the final one being a layer of plastic. I was concerned that this might detract from the visual quality of the phone, but so far that hasn’t been the case. The display is bright, video is clear and colors are vibrant. There is a downside in all of this though. Having that extra layer of plastic does make the phone susceptible to nicks and scratches so you’re going to want to get a screen protector, especially if you carry your phone with other things. I plan on tracking how well the screen holds up while i’m using it, so stay tuned. 

Z2Force1.pngNo headphone jack? No problem. The Z2 Force joins the short list of phones that do not come with a headphone jack. While I, like many out there, have mixed feelings about this direction, Motorola has included a headphone adapter with the phone, so I haven’t found this to be too big of an issue yet. As time goes on, i’ll be interested to see if my opinion of this changes. 

Not just another camera. In my short time with the Moto Z2 Force, the camera appears to be a standout feature. It has several things we’ve all come to expect from high end smartphones, including HDR, panorama and a ‘professional’ mode, but what I really like so far is the ‘Depth of Field’ feature and what Motorola is calling ‘True Black and White’. I am by no means a professional photographer, but these features make me want to actually use my camera and take more photos than I usually do. I also found that you can record video in true black and white and there is even a feature to shoot in slow motion which now begs the question, just how many videos will I film in slow motion? Overall, the camera is shaping up to be pretty good. I have an LG G6, so I will be doing some comparison to see how they stack up against each other.

All day battery really is all day. Motorola touts that the Moto Z2 Force will get through the day on just a single battery charge. Given that the battery comes in at 2730 mAh, I was skeptical at best about this claim. However, after putting the phone through moderate to heavy use each day, Motorola has made me a believer. As I continue to use the phone, i’ll be interested to see how this continues or if I will have to start charging part way through the day. For now though, it’s definitely a nice feature to have.

Z2Force2.jpgA Massive amount of memory and blazing speeds. Motorola has gone all out and given the Z2 Force 64GB of memory right out of the box. Having come from phones that have between 16-32GB, this is a nice change and in all honesty, i’m not sure what I will do with all that extra space. It’s nice to see more and more manufacturers adding more memory to high end devices and I hope this trend continues. On top of that, this phone is blazingly fast. In my short time with the phone I have not experience any lag and switching between apps is a breeze. I’ll be interested to see how this compares to my LG G6, but for now the latest Snapdragon processor is really hitting it out of the park. 

So far my early impressions of the Moto Z2 Force are good. My last Motorola phone was the Nexus 6, which I absolutely loved and so far the Z2 Force is matching that experience. As I mentioned earlier, i’ll be posting some in depth blogs on the various features in the near future, but until then, do any of you out there have the Moto Z2 Force? If you do, feel free to leave a comment below. I’d love to hear your feedback and experiences with the phone.

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.