cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G in Chicago!

Sprint Product Ambassador

I was visiting family in the 'burbs of #Chicagoland a few weeks back. I brought along my HTC Hub 5G to ensure we could surf and play while taking the train into the city, and around the city while we visited. What a great experience using Sprint 5G!

Chicago was one of the first cities to light up Sprint 5G. Being fresh off the "starting blocks" I fully expected some spotty coverage and service. Not the case. Once I got into the city, that 5G signal was strong and continuous. 

Currently, the Sprint 5G footprint is focused on the main city. We are slowly moving coverage west and south to cover more suburbs, so if you live or work out there please be patient. But if you work, play or visit the "loop" area, downtown or north of the loop, then you're in for a real treat.

Check out my Speedtest, taken from on-board the Metra train as we are approaching Union Station.

Screenshot_20190726-094908_chi.jpg

While downtown, we visited Millennium Park and Maggie Daley Park. We walked #MichAve, took in some restaurants, did some shopping, and enjoyed a great day in the city. Our 5G coverage varied a bit, but was always consistently good.

Screenshot_20190726-121326_chi.png

With my HTC Hub 5G in tow, I was able to share out some great, high-speed data with my family so we all stayed connected. And the best part is that we were able to extend the battery life of our phones and tablets by using Wi-Fi with the Hub 5G, by allowing it to do all the "heavy lifting" on the data. 

I'm looking forward to Sprint's 5G expanding out to Lombard and Naperville. I know we will be expanding as fast as we can. As I showed in my last blog, the HTC Hub 5G picks up Sprint 4G LTE as good as, and often better, than our phones. 

If you're considering a mobile hotspot for work or personal reasons, then I hope you check out the awesome HTC Hub 5G on Sprint. If you're in a 5G network area then you'll be amazed. It's even amazing in 4G LTE coverage, too. 

Thanks for reading!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee