Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Must Have Accessory for Your LG X Charge - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

A Must Have Accessory for Your LG X Charge - Sprint Product Ambassadors

OTG.jpg

So read this one sentence and just take my word for it:

Go out and buy a Micro-USB OTG (On-The-Go) Adaptor (if not two or more).

Whichever brand you choose, you need only make sure one side is USB 2.0 Micro-B Male and the Output is USB 2.0 Type A Female.

With that, all kinds of functionality unlocks for you and your LG X Charge…

Here’s why:

So remember how your LG X Charge is equipped with that massive 4,500 mAh battery (that even squashed the previous 4,100 mAh battery of the LG X Power)?  Well what if I told you the LG X Charge also supports USB On-the-Go charging.  Huh?  OTG charging means all that extra battery in your LG X Charge can be shared to other devices (through the use of a small but handy adaptor mentioned above).

Practical Use:

For example, say you have a Go Pro camera and you’ve been out all day with no battery charge left.  You have plenty of charge on the LG X Charge and an important event you want to capture with Go Pro.  Wall charging is not an option.  You’re on location and time is limited. All you need is your OTG adaptor and your standard Go Pro interface cable to be shooting Go Pro footage once again.

Plug the OTG cable into the charging port of the LG X Charge, The other end is an open USB port so plug in whatever you like to send power in the reverse direction (In this case the Go Pro camera) and charge up any device as if it was plugged into the wall or battery bank.

I personally like it for times when my wife’s phone is running low on battery.  It seems we are always expecting an important call and just need to make sure we have battery enough to get home.  Leave the battery bank at home, just the OTG wire and my phone are needed to keep her phone alive.  OTG cable is small and fits so nicely in the glove box or center console.

Another fun feature is the Micro-USB OTG (On-The-Go) Adaptor will allow you to plug in a normal USB Thumb (Flash) Drive to copy and move files easily without the need for a computer.  I like this when I have only a thumb drive on hand and want to move files without powering up my laptop or uploading to the cloud.

Does all this sound too good to be true?  Must cost a fortune? Well, best of all the cost is very trivial.  Check online through any of your preferred merchants and be surprised (I got a 2-pack for only $6.99).

Just another reason why the LG X Charge might just be the little power plant you’ve been looking for.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.