cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alcatel Go Flip, a semi-smart phone

Sprint Product Ambassador

But today I am actually holding one in my hand and surfing the internet with one: the Alcatel Go Flip:

20170410_162342.jpg20170410_162356.jpg 

I must say it is a novelty concept to come up with a device like this in today’s environment. So what you do get with this flip phone?

• It is a smart phone using Alcatel Kai-OS which is neither Android or iOS based, but providing you with capability of using email, calendar and full HTML5 internet browser.
  • A 2 mega-pixel camera with video capability.
  • Reasonable size display 2.8” display, with a second display of 1.44” when the clam shell is closed.
  • An SD card slot that can take up to 32GB micro SD card.
  • Claim a good battery life that will last for a few days, which is heartening because my current smart phone needs at least one charge during the day.

One of the thing I think will be a challenge for everyone is the keyboard input via the phone keypad! How many people would be able to do so with ease? 10 years ago this was popular because the young ones were able to adapt quickly and use the phone keyboard. Today, how many people will want to go back and use this archaic typing method?

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.