cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All In With the Moto e4 & Some Classic Matching Accessories - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

All In With the Moto e4 & Some Classic Matching Accessories - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Accessories.jpg

So one great thing that the Moto e4 has done for me is bring the band back together. I say this metaphorically of course but with this phone I reintroduced some classic Moto accessories to see how well the paired up.  Was this intended to just give little harmony in my daily ensemble?  Yes, perhaps but I was happy to see how well they still worked.  Even better still, even though a lot of these Moto classics are a bit scarce nowadays, they are still plentiful on the secondary markets and best of all obtained for a super budget friendly price, perfectly in line with the spirit of the Moto e4.

So without further delay, here’s a look at some of my all-time favorite Moto accessories reborn and rematched with the Moto e4.

Moto 360 (First Gen):   Still my favorite smart watch to date.  So much in fact that this is my 3th 360 watch that I’ve owned.  Before you get worried with that statement understand I am generally rough and careless with my wearables and the 360, although “water resistant” is not “waterproof”.  In other words, I alone am guilty with the demise of my prior watches and the Moto 360 remains the best bang for your buck in terms of android watches. Anyways, this classic is limited only in software and cannot be upgraded to Androidwear 2.0.  Mine currently is using Androidwear 1.4.0.2580363 with a base Android OS of 6.0.1.  It pairs seamlessly with the Moto e4 and I haven’t had any drops in Bluetooth or quirky other problems.  It works well, looks good and for a near 3 year old device remains surprisingly resilient.  Best of all they still are scattered online at low prices.  Look out for odd colors or refurbished models.  I’ve gotten these as low as $52 but realistically you’ll be lucky getting below $80 in today’s market. Still a deal in my opinion.  Oh and one thing more to consider… A lot of them are fitted with leather bands.  I like many people tend to get a bit put off by those. My suggestion is, don’t.  The ”Horween Leather” band is nothing less than magical.  It’s tough as it is comfortable.  I’ve sweated through it, got it wet many time as through all that has no smell whatsoever. In fact, I still have my 2 prior bands.  Nothing wrong with them and in fact, better than new in terms of being broken in.

Moto360 Sport: I can’t speak first hand on this watch but a close friend had an equally good experience so far. It’s a little more modern and has a sporty look. Unlike the first gen 360, there is still a ray of hope for an Androidwear 2.0 upgrade.  If you absolutely are against leather bands then the 360 Sport is a good option (Silicone Band).  Although it looks like it should be “waterproof” it’s still only “IP67 Dust and Water Resistant”.  It shares a couple design elements of the 2nd gen.  If you are looking the main button to be in the 2 O’clock position, rather than the 3 O’clock, then the 360 Sport is a good option.  Best of all, the price points are fairly low and occasionally even lower expect to pay somewhere between $99 and $135 but shop around as prices fluctuate greatly.  I think I’ll be going to this watch when the supply of 360 1st gen watches finally dry up.

Moto Buds: These Bluetooth earbuds and my absolute favorite I am only on my second pair so far.  Again, I am brutally hard on these and yet they still keep going.  In fact I think these are my second pair only because the others were lost.  Unlike others earbuds these have a sturdy frame.  They are light and fit great around my neck. They never fall off and the sound pretty good considering the form factor.  They cable with a nice little usable 7” micro USB cable which I never use for the Moto Buds but is a perfect little cable that I use for other things in my car.  These headphones are easy straight forward, available in two color choices and best of all inexpensive. At any given time you can find them online for $30 or less through one of several retail outlets.   By today’s standard they are pretty much a clearance or surplus item but they still rock, sound great with the e4 and a worth wild accessory to get.

There is still a lot of other great Moto accessories of the past years that work great with the Moto e4.  Have there been any I’ve forgotten to mention?  Explore for yourself.  With the Moto e4, you’ll have plenty of left over money for these and more.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.