cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby Vision, and the sweet rescue!

Sprint Product Ambassador

Bixby Vision to the rescue!

What do you get when you have Candy from China, a child with severe peanut allergies, and no one that reads Chinese? Traditionally you end up with a very disappointed child. With the Samsung Galaxy S9 that can all change.

Last week a friend flew home from China and was kind enough to bring a few families some Chinese candy.  My children devoured the candy in no time flat. However, another family had a little child who I’ll call Jimmy, with severe peanut allergies. Jimmy’s parents didn’t dare to let him taste the candy because they couldn’t read ingredients that were written in Chinese. Needless to say, Jimmy was devastated. All he could do was sit with tears in his eyes and watch the other kids eat the candy and tell him how unique and delicious it tasted.

Knowing that I had the Samsung Galaxy S9+, my friend called and asked if I could use Bixby Vision to see what was in the ingredients. I quickly pulled out my phone and immediately had the ingredients in Chinese translated to English.

candy2.jpg     Candy.jpg

To Jimmy’s pure delight, there were no peanuts in the candy and he was able to finally get some candy before it was all gone.

Who knew that in a small country town in Utah, Bixby Vision would save the day and enable a small boy to experience the delicious delicacies of Chinese candy?

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee