cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Options for the LG Stylo 3 - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Case Options for the LG Stylo 3 - Sprint Product Ambassadors

So, I shamefully admit I’m bit of a klutz and thus I’m now proactively tackling my grip deficiency and shopping for a suitable case.  If you are like me, the first thing you may notice is that your selection isn’t too vast. Generally, Spigen and Otterbox are my go to case suppliers and I generally prefer crystal clear cases overall. I tend to be broken hearted with it comes to mid-tier devices because the market share just isn’t big enough to gain the manufacturers attention but alas some of that might have changed.

SB.jpg

Spigen – Yes, they generally don’t extend too many options outside of flagship phones (which is a shame) and the Stylo 3 is no exception to that rule.  You won’t find any options here and although that leaves me a bit heart broken, I understand and hold no grudges.

Otter Box – Wow! I am very surprised to see at least one option for the Stylo 3 and three color options for that model.  Nice!  So one model I’ve never used for myself is the “Achiever” series case.  Available in Solid Black, Two-Toned “Waterstone” (Grey/Blue), and Two-Toned “Cool Plum” (Purple/Teal)…

Wait, Purple and Teal?  Really!?!? OK, I might be sold and I’ll tell you why. 

#1 I have never once been disappointed with a single Otter box case I’ve ever owned.  Reading about the “Achiever series”, I know this will not be an exception to that legacy.  It features a Dual Layer design with a soft inner layer and a second hard outer layer to both absorb and deflect impact.  This combo Polycarbonate shell/Rubber Slipcover also is a suitable gripping service where even my butter-fingers can hold on.

#2 Color combo.  Ok, generally Purple/Teal are rare combo and generally I’m not choices I’d ever favor but I’m in Orlando, FL and one thing I love about our fair city (besides the sunshine) is our local Hockey Team, the Orlando Solar Bears.  Their colors?  Main Purple / Secondary Teal (Sometimes with White or Orange thrown in). This case is PERFECT!  Wow, how did I miss this?  Oh ya, this Fall I’m going to sporting my Stylo 3 in style. 

Or Wait a Minute…There’s more.

(The Next Two Options Available On Sprint.com)  

Incipio – Octane Case “Incipio's impact absorbing Octane™ Case is precision engineered with a rigid Plextonium™ polycarbonate back shell and a shock absorbent Flex2O™ TPU textured bumper.”*

The Octane case is also intriguing.  Available in two color options Frost/Plum & Frost/Black and look at that.  The Frost/Plum color is also a “Solar Bears Purple".  Wow!  Is Purple just in season, what gives?  Anyways, one thing I kinda like about the Octane case is the outer Flex2O™ TPU textured bumper.  A close up shows it really has some grip action going on and again that is important to me.

Finally we have something a little more normal to me:

Tech 21 - Evo Check Case “FlexShock™: An ultra-efficient impact absorbing material, and an all new 3-layer impact absorption system.”*

Now the Evo Check Case looks a lot more familiar to me.  Available in two color options Clear/White and Smokey/Black.  Look to be a clear jelly type case.  Similar to Spigen’s Crystal Shell and honestly a little more familiar in terms of design.

Ugh!  So many options this round.  Do I want the ever steady clear case option or do I want to show a little Orlando hockey pride this coming season. Oh well, glad to see even with the new Stylo 3 options are a plenty and you’ll have adequate protection for a well-deserving device.  

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

*=verbiage taken from Sprint.com under the related features description.

Picture sourced from  http://www.otterbox.com. Make sure to visit that site for more details and specifications.