cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Options for the LG Stylo 4- Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Case Options for the LG Stylo 4- Sprint Product Ambassadors

Case.jpg

So, I shamefully admit I’m bit of a klutz and thus I’m now proactively tackling my grip deficiency and shopping for a suitable case.  If you are like me, the first thing you may notice is that your selection isn’t too vast. Generally, Spigen and Otterbox are my go to case suppliers and I generally prefer crystal clear cases overall. I tend to be broken hearted with it comes to mid-tier devices because the market share just isn’t big enough to gain the manufacturers attention but alas some of that might have changed.

Spigen – So a lot of love has happened to LG between the Stylo 3’s release and the Stylo 4.  You’ll actually find additional support from Spigen this season as they have extended the “Rugged Armor” line of cases to include the Stylo 4.  These cases are good and tough.  These cases are made of TPU and include a sleek matte black frame with carbon fiber accents.  They are just as stylish as they are tough and include all the great bevels and accommodations that are standard with all Spigen cases. ($11.99 on Amazon)

Otter Box – Continuing a legacy introduced with the Stylo 3, Otter Box continues to offer a “Commuter Series” case for the Stylo 4 and two color options for that model.  Nice!  Available in Solid Black, and Two-Toned “Ocean Way Blue” (Ivory/Grey).  Again, I haven’t had the pleasure of trying a Commuter Series case before but specs looks good.  It’s essentially a 2-ply case (Synthetic rubber slipcover over a Polycarbonate shell) and includes port covers to keep out moisture and dust. ($38.91 on Amazon)

If you check sprint.com, there is one case offered:

Key Hybrid Case (Item # 600736757430) – It also appears to be a 2-ply case with a Polycarbonate shell but with a clear TPU outer cover. So in a way, it’s kinda like the Spigen and Otter box married and had a big beautiful love child (at least in description).  It also splits the two costs and is only $24.99 on Sprint.com).

You could also take your chances with countless other generic cases available but again I typically average only 50% with most that I’ve gotten over the years.  Some good.  Some not so good.

In conclusion, I’m not really sure which case to get.  I really want to see the Otterbox first hand before investing a premium price and although there are cheaper options you generally get what you pay for.  One thing that always sells me is the slightly larger headphone accommodation.  Spigen generally designs well in this and if Crystal Shell was available, I’d already be sold.  Hmmm, we’ll think about it and whatever I get I’ll mention it in a future blog. Till then keep reading and enjoying your LG Stylo 4.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.