cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Options for the LG Tribute Dynasty - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Case Options for the LG Tribute Dynasty - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Case.jpg

So, I shamefully admit I’m bit of a klutz and thus I’m now proactively tackling my grip deficiency and shopping for a suitable case.  If you are like me, the first thing you may notice is that your selection isn’t too vast. Generally, Spigen and Otterbox are my go to case suppliers and I generally prefer crystal clear cases overall. I tend to be broken hearted with it comes to mid-tier devices because the market share just isn’t big enough to gain the manufacturers attention but alas some of that might have changed.

Spigen – Yes, they generally don’t extend too many options outside of flagship phones (which is a shame) and the Tribute Dynasty is no exception to that rule.  You won’t find any options here and although that leaves me a bit heart broken, I understand and hold no grudges.

Otter Box – Wow! I am very surprised to see at least one option for the Tribute Dynasty and two color options for that model.  Nice!  So one model I’ve never used for myself is the “Commuter” series case.  Available in Solid Black, and Two-Toned “Fuchsia Stone” (Purple/Grey).

I have never once been disappointed with a single Otter box case I’ve ever owned.  Reading about the “Commuter series”, I know this will not be an exception to that legacy.  It features a Dual Layer design with a soft inner layer and a second hard outer layer to both absorb and deflect impact.  It offers you dust protection and a “pocket-friendly slick exterior”.  One thing I’m suspicious about is I can’t find any pictures showing the headphone port.

If you check sprint.com, you won’t find any options besides general holsters by Nite Ize.  Which although nice are not a full protection solution.

Thus you likely will need to channel the normal online outlets for case options.

Here are a few that look good to me:

https://www.amazon.com/Tribute-Tekcoo-Absorbing-Silicone-Resistant/dp/B0798G1M4Y/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8...

This case made by Tekco and is quick and easy.  No frills by any means but a low, low price tag. I can tell you one thing that turns me off is the slim port for the headphone jack. Not a problem for some people but limits the headphones I can use. 

https://www.amazon.com/Tribute-Dynasty-GSDCB-Shockproof-Protective/dp/B07931CJ8R/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8...

This GSDCB Air Cushion Shockproof Phone Protective Case looks very similar to the Spigen Crystal Shell, which is a personal favorite of mine but suffers from the same Slim Port of the headphone jack. At $4.99, it won’t break the bank but you get what you pay for.

https://www.amazon.com/Tribute-Tempered-Protector-NageBee-Kickstand/dp/B0791Y79YS/ref=sr_1_18_sspa?i...

This NageBee [Heavy Duty] Armor Shock Proof case is the most expensive of the three.  It has a kickstand and is very similar to several others I’ve had on other devices. It suffers from the same Slim Port of the headphone jack and hence I see a pattern. 

In conclusion, I’m not really sure which case to get.  I really want to see the Otterbox first hand before investing a premium price and although there are cheaper options you generally get what you pay for.  One thing that always sells me is the slightly larger headphone accommodation.  Spigen generally designs well in this area and when they don’t extend support it's often a “best of the least” situation.  Perhaps, I just need to find a steady hand and a dremel tool, till then I’ll keep looking.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.