cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Options for the Moto e4 Plus - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Case Options for the Moto e4 Plus - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Case.jpg

So my Moto e4 Plus has slipped from my fingers yet again and I now realize a case is not only a good idea, it’s practically necessary going forward.  The first thing you may notice when searching for a case is that selection isn’t too vast. Generally, Spigen and Otterbox are always my go to case suppliers but you won’t find much love in the form of an e4 Plus (Although both Spigen and Otterbox are showing love for the original e4).  In the meantime, while waiting on our mainstream manufacturers, here are a couple interesting case options for the Moto e4 Plus that are kinda catching my eye.

Now I have not seen nor held any of these but I can speak on past experience and will draw a few names out of providers I’ve purchased in the past in hopes that quality remained stable. You will notice though with generic case manufacturers, prices may generally be low but your quality may vary vastly. Expect to taste test a few cases and write of the duds to experience.

My personal taste is pretty minimalist.  In general I like something close to the Spigen Crystal Shell.  I like my cases crystal clear with a rubbery grip that is reminiscent of an old jelly bracelet.  Not as much as in look but feel.  I want it to stay put in hand but on the off chance that it falls, it need to be born closer to a high bounce ball rather than brittle piece of glass. 

My last successful generic case was from a company named “Tauri”.  They made a pretty nice clear case but although there are several options Tauri offers for the Moto e4 Plus, none are even slightly reminiscent of the one I had earlier.

If you are curious, some of the more interesting options they offer are:

Moto E4 Plus Case, TAURI [Shockproof] Slim Brush Texture Hybrid Defender Armor Protective Case Cover For Motorola Moto E4 Plus / Moto E 4th Generation Plus – Black

Moto E4 Plus Case, TAURI [Stand Feature] Wallet Leather Case with Card Pockets Protective Flip Cover For Motorola Moto E4 Plus / Moto E 4th Generation Plus – Black

Prior to that success I also got cases from a company called “JKase” but they don’t appear to offer any cases for the Moto e4 Plus.

Alas there are no familiar options for me so on visuals alone I will run down my most fitting options.

Moto E4 Plus Case,Yiakeng Dual Layer shockproof wallet Armor Soft glitter silicone Crystal Phone cases full cover for Motorola Moto E4 Plus / Motorola Moto E Plus (4th gen.) 5.5" (TPU Clear) – Looks about right but a little smooth on the edges.  Doesn’t look to grippy and far from the Air Cushion technology I’m used to with Spigen.

Moto E4 Plus Case, Moto E Plus 4th Generation Case, CoverON ClearGuard Series Hard Slim Fit Cover with Clear Back and Flexible TPU Bumpers for Motorola Moto E4 Plus (E Plus 4th Generation) – Clear – Maybe a little closer than what I’m used to and I like the mention of the TPU Bumpers that might give me a little added protection.

Moto E4 Plus Case, Circlemalls Ultra Slim TPU With [Premium Screen Protector] And Touch Screen Pen (Clear) – Literally looks like the same case as above with a different name. Interesting.

AMZER Slim Shockproof TPU X Protection Case with Shock Dissipating Technology for Motorola Moto E4 Plus - Crystal Clear – Much more costly but nice corner protection. Certainly in the running.

As far as clear cases are concerned, that’s pretty much what I can find.   If I wanted to go a bit more extreme, I might also consider

Moto E4 Plus Case With Tempered Glass Screen Protector,IDEA LINE(TM) Heavy Duty Armor Shock Proof Dual Layer Holster Locking Belt Swivel Clip with Kick Stand – Black

However, I find these wannabe Defender series cases to be frequently disappointing.   Does anyone have an good 3rd party cases they like?  Mention some ideas below.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.