cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coming back to Samsung - Galaxy S10+ (soft review)

Sprint Product Ambassador
So, it’s been a little while since I’ve been back into a Samsung for review.
After my Galaxy S8+, which I thought was a phenomenal device I moved into other high and low tier offerings from LG, Motorola and even Essential.
And, while I’ve really enjoyed some of the features of those devices I have to say it’s really nice coming back to a Samsung, especially this S10+ power horse.
Most notably, customization… I have to admit, I lack a certain amount of expertise on what’s specific to Sammy vs. potentially what’s just an offering of Android 9, but I ‘think’ a lot of it is from Samsung itself.
So, with all that customization, I don’t know why anyone would want to add a custom skin unless you’re looking for a specific option that’s not available. Anyway, I will share a few of those things I really like, but today will be more about the first impressions from unpacking. This isn't going to be a down and dirty, or delve into specific features. Just a candid, hey I opened the box and checked out this phone. Cool? cool.. 

So, take out the phone and before checking it out - here's what's inside... Under the phone you'll see the adaptive fast charger, AKG headphones and a USB-C adapter to use for smart switch. The headphones look nice and premium, and for the most part are pretty decent. Also, the instructions are on the inside of the box cover.

So, that aside I look at the phone. I wasn't expecting much - you know, a white Samsung Galaxy S10+. Well, I was wrong - this Prism White is amazing to look at. I was really impressed and I'm sorry my pictures just don't do it justice. They're below, but wow is this a looker. Good job on the paint job Sammy! I tried multiple angles in different lighting with and without the flash - all but outdoors. May be best for next try. But check it out in person... seriously, people have asked me about this phone because of how sleek it looks and the beautiful white. It's more like a shiny pearl.

You'll note the 3 cameras on the back... telephoto wide-angle and Ultra-Wide-Angle. I'll tell you what, the pictures so far are outstanding! I'm blown away. Some more of those in the next blog I promise - but you won't be disappointed. The colors are so lively. I have to try evening/night club type pics soon for a real test. So far I have a 2 year old device by another manufacturer that is my go-to for evening pictures. We'll see if this can knock that one to the side. Thank you Sammy for keeping the headphone jack. I know, I use mostly bluetooth headphones these days, but I have some really nice IEM's that I use that really sound better than any bluetooth offering I've tried and I love to be able to use them.

I used smart switch to pull over all my apps from my previous phone and it worked super fast and seamlessly. Really a super way to move from one Sammy to another or between competitor devices (like I did this time). It's very impressive and was able to activate, swap apps and add accounts without having to charge up straight out of the box. The battery seems like it's going to be a real champ. Anyway, this is the beginning. I'll get some other things going about customization, app drawers/slide windows and more as we go along. It's been a short time since I've posted and there's been changes to the program I'm using for this. As I'm writing I can see my pictures aren't aligned the way I'd like. I'll work on it. If you have questions or would like to see other pictures/angles etc. Please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks for reading!

Follow me on Reddit - u/NY_NY_Mobile

_________________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer: I am super lucky to be able to take part in the Sprint Device Ambassador program. The Product Ambassadors love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of  devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassadors shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint or the device manufacturers. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. My opinions are my own. I am a Device Ambassador and Blogger... I am not a Corporate or Device Manufacturer spokesperson. #SprintProductAmbassador 

2 Comments

None of the images in the post are displayed, although nice write up and thanks for sharing.... 

Weird! They were there previously - shame. I'll see if I can update with photos again. Thanks for letting me know.