cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize that Always On!

Sprint Product Ambassador

There is something about having an Always-On Display with an AMOLED screen... if you aren't sure what I mean, read my last blog post here.

I've got a completely dark screen staring at me but yet, on the left curved side, I've got a red clock with today's date and the phone's battery percentage in white. The stark contrast between the items on the screen and the rest of the screen is so high that it looks like I put a sticker on the phone and turned off the screen.

20170531_154155.jpg

Customizing this always on interface is pretty simple. I made a video about it:

The edge always on that I choose to use doesn't display as much data but it certainly draws looks from people.

If the option to customize the display wasn't enough, you can also new AOD (always on display) themes from the Samsung Themes app (accessible from the Settings>Wallpapers and themes>AODs.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

2 Comments
Journeyman

help...my Samsung 7edge beeps every 2 minutes day and night and while on the phone.  Its brand new but I don't know how to stop the beep...can you help?

Sprint Product Ambassador

I apologize; I didn't see this until today.

Have you already contacted Sprint's support on this issue?

Unfortunately, I have a Samsung S8, not an S7 Edge, so I do not have any experience with that phone.

If it's anything like the S8, I would check:
Settings > Accessibility > Notification Reminder | Make sure it's off.