cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dad Polls Trending up due to Samsung Galaxy S9+

Sprint Product Ambassador

Dad Polls Trending up due to Samsung Galaxy S9+

In Calvin and Hobbs, Calvin often discusses with his father how his “Dad Polls” are doing and what his father can do to raise them. Today my Dad Polls made a large jump due to the Samsung Galaxy S9+.

For anyone who has lived with pre-teen girls, you know that mood swings go from best day ever to worst day ever and you never know what you are going to get. Today after school was a worst day ever moment as my daughter came home from school and slammed her bedroom door. Being new to the Samsung Galaxy S9+ I decided to harness the power of the AR Emoji feature and Bixby Vision App to see if I could turn a worst day ever into the best day ever.

After building up the courage to enter my daughter’s room, I walked in and received the customary glare that says “This is the worst day ever, and I don’t want to be bothered”. Looking at my new  Samsung Galaxy S9+ I silently sat down next to her and started to play with the makeup feature within the Bixby Vision App.

Without saying a word I started looking for the most outrageous makeup combination and started quietly laughing. After a few minutes I could see the intrigue build up inside of her and asked if she has ever played with the Makeup app.  Handing over my phone, my eclectic AR makeup displayed on her face.  She was hooked! My pre-teen girl, who is not allowed to wear makeup, anxiously started to explore the world of makeup and started to share with me her own makeup makeover. This quickly confirmed my decision that she is way too young to wear makeup.  After 30 minutes we were rolling over laughing at our stylish makeovers.

Next I showed her the AR Emoji setting in the camera and we had competitions to see who could pull the funniest faces as a cat, rabbit, and demon.

demon.jpg     emoji face.jpg     emoji2.jpg

By the time we left her room our faces were sore from laughing, we had our own personal emoji’s, and best of all she was back to having the best day ever.

Thank you Samsung for putting silly AR functionality within my phone that helped me shared a moment with my daughter that I will treasure the rest of my life.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee