cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Essential Phone - Quick Tip! How to Enable Home Screen Rotation

Sprint Product Ambassador

Since my blog talking about my favorite feature on the Essential - home screen rotation, I've received a bunch of questions on how to turn on this feature - so here goes...

Home Screen Rotation… 

Activation is simple.

There’s actually an additional ‘systems’ menu that comes up when you long press a blank space on your Home Screen. Screenshot_20171101-082636.pngSettings Menu after Long Press at the bottom

Clicking on the Settings Cog will bring up a menu to ‘Allow Home screen rotation’ when phone is rotated. Just turn it on and you’re good to go.

Screenshot_20171101-082642.pngEnable Allow Home screen rotation

That's all there is to it. Now when you rotate your Essential phone between Portrait and Landscape position the screen will rotate in kind. 

Screenshot_20171101-082948.pngPortrait ModeScreenshot_20171101-082957.pngLandscape Mode

Happy Home Screen Rotating all... Cheers!

Have questions about the Essential Phone? Let me know! 

Rick

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. As a matter of fact the PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. So what I'm really trying to say is,  my opinions are my own. I am not a Sprint or Device Manufacturer spokesperson. I just love to play with new tech, talk smack and help people when I'm able.  I also like to write/blog about tech. Hope you follow me here and feel free to comment. Thanks!!!

Follow me:

Twitter - https://twitter.com/NewYorkNYMobile