cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Impressions from the LG G7 ThinQ – Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Final Impressions from the LG G7 ThinQ – Sprint Product Ambassadors

Final.jpg

So I’ve had a phrase I’ve used rather fondly when it comes to everything LG, pretty much when someone asks, I tell them simply: “It’s an LG and Life is Good”.  This is so true and especially true with (most) LG Phones.  Of the more than a dozen LG phones I’ve tried over the years, I have only had a couple I didn’t love and even those could have been fixed with a maintenance release.  The LG G7 ThinQ is no exception to that rule.  I pretty much love everything about it. It’s a usable phone and one I’d be happily stuck with for an extended amount of time.  It has all the great features I love about LG phones and few other Easter eggs and surprises that I wasn’t expecting. 

First of all, I can’t stop praising Jump Cut mode.  I love it when I get a nice flagship phone, ignore half of the sparkly new features and find a silly new gadget or pack in app and it takes up all my time.  Jump Cut mode, has given me a new found love of Animated Gif files and also allowed me to embrace my tendency to overshoot any particular moment.  Some people take 1 picture at a time.  I always take 6.  Of those 6, 2-3 are blurry.  Now I have to pick the best one and that is what I send out.  With Jump Cut (especially when the subject is in motion), I stitch my 4 good images into an animated GIF and loop it forward and backwards or however.  The effect is creepy and comedic and the sky is the limit. Especially with my 16 month old daughter, I have silly little animations that will last a lifetime and so fun to send to family.  Too many of them said, “How did you do that?” and for them I simply say “Life is Good”.

The size, weight and shape of the LG G7 ThinQ is comfy and familiar.  It really feels good in the hand.  The finger print reader is right where I want it, I got the case I wanted and it just feels right to have and hold.  The screen has a nice balance between size and brightness.  Regardless of industry trends, LG is still bold enough to keep a regular 3.5mm headphone jack and that is good.  I can output crisp audio output and still have the ability to use my smart thermometer, Square or other peripherals that depend on a headphone jack.   Need to charge and output sound?  No problem.  With a G7 ThinQ, it grants you the ability to fast change through USB-C and doesn’t take away that 3.5mm jack.

Specs: Let’s be honest… When it comes to specs, I think there are two categories (Enough and Not-Enough).  If there is enough, you’ll see no difference.  If there is not enough you’ll notice.  The LG G7 ThinQ, certainly has enough.  Enough speed, enough space, enough screen size and enough to make you happy.  True I’m not overly demanding like an avid gamer, professional video editor or someone never satisfied. I’m just saying, the specs of the G7 ThinQ are more than adequate for most people.  I honestly can’t see a noticeable difference if you go any further up the chain.

Battery information : 3000 mAh Li-Ion battery (non-removable)

Bluetooth profiles : A2DP, AVRCP, DI, GAVDP, HDP, HFP, HID, HOGP, HSP, MAP, OPP, PAN, PBAP, ScPP, SPP

Dimensions : 6.03" x 2.83"x 0.31"

Display : 6.1" Quad HD+ 19:5:9 (3120x1440) Notch Display

Keyboard : Capacitive

Memory : 64GB ROM / 4GB RAM *microSD card slot supports up to 2TB

Operating system : Android 8.0

Processor : SDM 845 Octa core 2.8 GHz (Quad Core)

Talk time : Up to 23 hours

Weight : 5.71 oz.

My Only Critiques: I can’t tell if my photographic abilities are slipping.  That isn’t to say the LG G7 ThinQ doesn’t have a great camera.  I’ve seen countless other users get amazing pictures off the LG G7 ThinQ but it’s not as seamless and easy as it was with the G4 and G5.  I think the quality images are possible but requires a bit more care than senseless point and shoot.  When I was first introduced to the LG G4 you could have the shakiest hands in the west and still take a razor sharp image.  The LG G7 ThinQ requires a bit more care.  I’ve grown to deal with it and you will too.  Again, don’t be discouraged I just happen to be a lousy photographer. The only other critique I have is the battery.  That might only be just because I tend to use this phone a lot. It’s a simple equation.  If a phone is awesome, you want to use it and you burn battery.  I had several phones that had seemingly awesome battery life but that was only because I never touched it outside of text messages. The LG G7 ThinQ might not be endurance champion but it charges fast and only weighs 5.71 oz.  Again, I have no problems overall.

I think aside from the V series phones, the LG G7 ThinQ embodies all the best of LG has to offer and certainly worthy of the G7 name.  Each season I get so excited to see what LG will have next and it’s so reassuring that LG continues to wow me each time. If you are considering a new device, certainly give this LG a spin.  Whether you are NEW or seasoned LG fan, you’re sure to agree “Life is Good”.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.