cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Impressions of the LG X Power

Journeyman

IMG_2346.JPGIntroducing the LG X Power, this midrange Android smartphone with really only one selling point; the battery. Do not get me wrong, this phone has many other features and for the price and rage of where the device sits in a lineup of other phones in its cost category, it is a champ. So that battery? Yes, this puppy holds a whopping 4,100 mAh battery. While some will say this is amazing, I merely say shouldn?t this be the standard going

IMG_2352.JPG

forward for flagship devices? If a midrange phone such as the LG X Power can house this much juice I say why can?t we have this on all of our future phones?

I shall get off of my soap box and dive into the rest of the specifications of the LG X Power. The X Power has a 5.3-inch, Full HD (1280 x 720) display, IMG_2351.JPGan 8-megapixel rear facing camera, 5-megapixel front-facing camera, 16GB of internal storage, 2GB of RAM, microSD card slot of up to 128GB, and of course that huge, 4,100 mAh battery. The LG X Power will come loaded with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and is offered at both Sprint IMG_2349.JPGand Boost Mobile for the very consumer conscious price of $149.00. The two key features of this phone is the price and the battery, with one of the largest batteries I have seen on a phone the X Power promotes over 33 hours of talk time or at least 2 full days of use between charges. This to some is an answer to many of your prayers you face on a daily basis with phone battery consumption.

Going hand and hand with the battery I was expecting the X Power to have a lot larger build. To hold a 4,100 mAh battery I was expecting a brink of a phone, but I will say it is quite the opposite. The phones plastic form feels good in the hands. The back has a nice texture that allows the larger phone to be held easily while at the same time giving you a good grip. I am someone with larger hands and find larger screens easy to maneuver and the X Power is easy to touch all corners of the screen while still having a good grasp on the device. Just note with all of these compact features of the phone, it is all made out of plastic. There isn?t any nice metal corners surrounding the phone or flagship gorilla glass to make your device feel as nice as say an LG V20, but for an all plastic device it feels more expensive than it truly is.

Going forward with the X Power I want to see if the 4,100 mAh battery stays true to its stats and will give me a full 2 days worth of usage between charges and if the MediaTek 1.8 GHz Octa-Core processor will keep up with the beloved SnapDragon Processors we all have come to love in our mobile phones.

Pros

-Massive Battery

-Consumer Conscious Price

-microSD Card Expansion

-Lightweight

-Comfortable to hold

Cons

-Midrange Processor

-Camera Performance

-Low Resolution Screen