cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flipping out for the Flip Phone

Sprint Product Ambassador

What is the the Go Flip? Well it is more than what the phone would have done 10 years ago. It is described on the Alcatel site as The Alcatel GO FLIP™ is more than just a basic phone—it delivers the essential features to be productive in a durable compact flip phone design. The 2.8” display includes an easy-to-use intuitive interface and a keypad designed for quick dialing and navigation. Check your calendar appointments, reply to email, and surf the web all with the fast speed of 4G LTE. "

Now I have gotten it out of the box and have been able to do a few things to make it work for me:

1) Texting - I have re-learned how to do to "old school" texting (remember having to hit the numbers three times to get the letter you wanted?

2) Notices - I really like how there is one screen notices for the voice mails, missed calls and the text/sms messages.

There is also just the coolness factor (retro-cool that is) of the flipping the phone to open to call someone - I have only had the phone for a few days and people already have been commenting about it (what is that phone? did it just flip?). My kids actually like mimicing the singer Adele in her video "Hello". And there is something very satisfying about flipping the phone shut too.

Next up - getting the camera, email and checking out the web access. What do you want to know about the phone?17884336_10212137168921473_119671288206890753_n.jpg

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.