cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10+ Auto Rotate

Sprint Product Ambassador

o, this morning I was in bed and you know how that pesky screen keeps rotating, rocking and rolling and so on. As usually because I am lazy, I try to reach for that handy button to keep my device in portrait mode.  I could be slow and never noticed this before, but I accidentally locked my screen in landscape mode. I know this is something I have long to have, but this time it caught me off guard.  

Screenshot_20190514-102345_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20190514-102348_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20190514-102442_Messages.jpg

In fact, there is even more. I started playing around on how I stumbled upon this little jewel with the Galaxy S10+ and then I realized I got options. I know I know you are probably saying I am clueless, but I promise you normally I am not, and I am sure I will continue to stumble upon something which may have been there or not.  

To activate the landscape option. The device must be in portrait mode with rotation activated. Next, you can turn your device in landscape mode and from here you can deactivate auto-rotate to lock the screen you are on in landscape mode.  

Screenshot_20190514-102356_Messages.jpg

Also, if you select the wording under the Auto-rotate icon you will have access to control: 

• Home Screen 
  • Lock Screen 
  • Voice call Screen 

Screenshot_20190514-105906_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20190514-105515_Chrome.jpg

The above options give you the ability to force the screen in landscape mode. 

Are there any ah-ha moments which may have caught your attention? 

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that loves technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions about these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.