cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 3a XL - Portrait Mode

Sprint Product Ambassador

Google Pixel 3a XL - Portrait Mode

Googles Pixel camera includes many different features to express and take good quality photos. One of those features is the portrait mode feature. This feature blurs the surrounding objects around the focus point of the camera lens.  Typically, a phone camera with dual lens options are used for portrait modes as the second lens is used for depth analysis. The Google Pixel only includes 1 camera, but the portrait options come out pretty accurate. 

When taking pictures with the portrait mode you will notice a slight blur affect is created to make the focus point captured by the camera stand out. 

purpleflower.pngNo Changepurpleflowerblur.pngPortrait ModeBarn.pngNo ChangeBarnBlur.pngPortrait ModeFlower.pngNo ChangeFlowerBlur.pngPortrait ModeFlower2.pngNo ChangeFlower2Blur.pngPortrait ModeKid.pngNo ChangeKidBlur.pngPortrait Mode

One of the shots that impressed me was my shot taken of my blinds. Here you can see google allows the blinds to stand out but blurs all the background scenery very evenly on each line. This shocked me as I thought with a single camera there may be limits with large background scenery would bleed through and not be blurred

blinds.pngNo Changeblindsblur.pngPortrait Mode

Enjoy and remember never use your phone or tablet while driving, be safe and healthy.

Check out some of my other blogs on the Pixel 3a XL:

Google-Pixel-3a-XL-My-first-pixel-and-boy-am-I-impressed

Google-Pixel-3a-XL-Outstanding-sound-output

Google-Pixel-3a-XL-A-Battery-that-Out-Lasts-the-Day

Google-Pixel-3a-XL-Theme-it-up

Google-Pixel-3a-XL-Theme-it-up-PART-II

Disclaimer:
The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

1 Comment
Sprint Product Ambassador

The rose picture is really cool picture and really make your post stand out on the main page.... How does the camera compare to your other PA phones?