cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 3a arrives at Sprint!

Sprint Product Ambassador

Good news everyone... well a little bit late but still good news! The Pixel 3 series is finally out of the firm grips of our competitor and now available on Sprint. So lets get started.

One of the most important and key aspects of owning a Pixel phone, is that you get a Google experience like Google intended without the bloat of carriers and other revenue sharing partners. The last phone I used that had a pure (almost) Google experience was the Essentials Phone PH1 and it a worthy device.

Now lets bring the Pixel 3 series. Google launched 2 models last year the 3 and 3 XL to the world but it had an exclusivity with someone else. It seems that time has passed and Sprint was able to launch both the 3 and 3 XL, along with their 2 siblings the 3a and 3a XL. One would question, why would Google launch an "a" version of this device? what were they trying to accomplish?google_ga00665_us_pixel_3a_xl_smartphone_1475551

Just like all other players in the smartphone game, Google is learning from those who have been doing smartphones for quite sometime and have realized that as time is progressing, and phone costs are skyrocketing, people of course will not be able to buy a new premium phone every year. So just like their competitors, Google decided to offer a compelling and almost premium device, at the not so premium price. The Google Pixel 3a and 3a XL are $399 and $479 receptively. Compare that to their competition, the closest device in a similar category is over $599 last time I checked.

So for an under $500 device, what does the 3a XL (in my case) bring to the table?

• First and foremost, you get a bright 6" 1080p OLED display that is as responsive to touch as any premium device would be!
  • They both only have one camera in the back and front but Google has figured out a way to use AI to make these lenses do what most phones need 3 to 5 lenses to do, another reason why they are sub $500
  • 64 GB of on board storage and fast charging. What else could you ask for? (no memory card as they are still staying true to their old nexus roots)
  • Quick updates and Beta access for Android OS! Need I say more?

So this is, in a nutshell why any of the Pixel 3a's make an extremely compelling option for any user, from the novice to the power hungry. More on this guy later...

-- Your Product Ambassador Team