cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google taking a bite out of Robo Calls - Pixel 3a style

Sprint Product Ambassador

I am sure by now, you are probably one of the many who gets a dozen robo calls a day. They are especially annoying when the caller uses a local number which you think might be someone or a business you know, or from someone you are expecting a call from. Half the time, there is no one on the other line, its just a waste of time!

Screenshot_20190730-091519.png

What I noticed (and I wish Google did a good job of advertising this feature) when receiving calls on the Pixel 3a XL is that there was a button called "Screen Call". You press that button, instead of Answer or Decline, you will see Google Assistant taking over, and read the following message to the caller "Hi, the person you're calling is using a screening service from Google, and will get a copy of this conversation. Go ahead and say your name, and why you're calling." After that, the other party can leave a msg and I am able to see the response transcribed on the screen. In case of a robo call, the call drops and we move one with our lives.

I hope, as this is a feature from Google Assistant, that this gets rolled out to non-pixel devices soon, if not already and everyone can take advantage of this amazing feature! Give it a try.

-- Your Product Ambassador Team

1 Comment
Sprint Product Ambassador

Kams1 - I like this feature and wish more OEMs would incorporate it into their phones with all the robo calls now. 

Thanks for sharing....