BlogArticlePage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How the Pixel 4XL will help you be more engaged in 2020: Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

The New Year is here and many people are using this time to reflect on the past and set some goals for the future. I do not create resolutions at the start of the year and instead set actionable goals with accountability measures in place to ensure I make them happen. 

It may sound strange coming from a Sprint guy but one of my goals in 2020 is to use my phone less. What! Huh? 

In reality, my goal is not to use the phone less. Instead, the goal is to be more engaged with those around me and to maximize my time by spending it doing activities that will help me grow as a person and as a leader in 2020.

Our devices are simply tools and how the tool adds or detracts from our lives is an outcome of the choices we make through the day. Used correctly, our phones can be a partner to an extraordinary life and on the negative side, they can simply be time-sucking detractors. 

The Google Pixel 4XL thankfully has the Digital Wellbeing feature that keeps track of how the device is being used. Even better, it has the ability to set parameters for various apps that will cut the user off once the time limit has been reached. 

Studies have shown that the average person has more than three hours of screen time a day and I was shocked when I first took a look at my results. Worse for me, was getting confirmation that a very high % of my screen time was being spent on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. To break my addiction, I have now set limits on each of these time suckers.

The Google Pixel and Andriod 10 include three ways to disconnect. 

Dashboard:

The Dashboard will allow you to see the apps you have opened and how much time you have spent in each. Here you can check screen time, notifications received and the number of times opened. Did I really open Facebook 26 times in one day and unlock my phone 40 times? Yikes! That is not how I want to start my 2020.

Sure I could just delete the app completely and perhaps that would be better. Instead, I have set the app timer at 30 minutes. This will serve to cut me off so to speak once I have hit my limit. 

Wind Down: 

This feature allows the user to set up a “bedtime schedule”. This includes a time for the screen to change to night light tint for easier viewing in dim light, a bedtime reminder that removes screen color to Grayscale, and do not disturb that mutes sound until the time of day you have set. 

Focus Mode:

This great feature will pause selected apps while activated and/or during the days and times you have created. Want to not be bothered during work time or while at dinner with family? Focus mode is a great way to be very targeted in turning things off.

Screenshot_20200103-102429-COLLAGE.jpg

The Pixel difference 

So why talk about this referencing the Pixel as an advantage? Well, it turns out that not all devices running Android have digital well being as an option.  Getting first access to updates like this and other pure Google features is another advantage to having a Pixel device. 

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

So are you ready to focus on the most important for 2020? Start out by setting boundaries, focusing on only things that bring the most value and I know your device will be a partner in winning.