cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 - All Sealed Up

Sprint Product Ambassador

LG G6 - All Sealed Up 

LG designed the G6 to be both reliable and durable. Higher product temperatures can decrease a products life and slow down operations, making a safety issue.  Motivated to make the device as reliable means controlling the heat output of the device and battery. Construction of the device was drastically overhauled to make it stronger and longer lasting for consumer use. 

As a way to help with the overheating of the device LG separated its highest producing heating components the processor, battery, and LCD driver. This separation helps alleviate strong concentration heat source. Now added are additional heat monitors to check the output of each of these components. The main CPU processor has been equipment with the first ever in mobile phone heat pipe. A copper plate is used to help move heat away from the CPU core to dissipate.  

components.jpg heatsink.jpg

The battery has been designed with safety concerned. Thinner batters put into small confined spaces have seen history of issues. LG is aware of this concern and has tested its battery for stability. They use a multilayer approach shielding the positive electrode and negative electrode with separators and eliminating the two from accidental touching under the small factor size. Add in LG's battery charging algorithm improves the devices health and extends its use for additional months to come. These changes increase the devices performance, provides improved safety and overall peace of mind. 

LG G6 is a design consumers can depend on. Feel safe knowing you can take your phone anywhere and not worry. LG engineering of the device now includes additional structural integrity. Included is a I-Beam frame construction. This makes the device less flexible and secures less damage to the screen. Gorilla glass has been on all surfaces including the front, rear, and even camera lenses.  Most dropped phones occur on the corners. LG designed this phone in that mind and made each corner strong and solid enhancing reliability.  LG G6 holds an IP rating of 68.

I-Beam.jpg

The IP markings is a two digit number. The first digit represents a solid particle level protection (think dust). The second digit is the liquid ingress protection. With dust the ratings goes from 0-6 where zero has no protection and 6 means it is dust tight. When it comes to liquid protection this ratings extends from 0 all the way 9. With zero meaning it has no protection to 9 meaning the item is submersible for a lengthy time with no issue. The G6 has a rating of an 8. This allows the device to be submersible for up to 1.5 meters from 30 minutes.  However, with certain types of equipment, it can mean that water can enter but only in such a manner that it produces no harmful effects. The next time you jump in that pool, or drop your phone in the toilet just pick it up dry it off and you should be good to go.

wet.jpg

With the increase in structural integrity and sealed device LG submitted their device for military rating. The LG G6 received approval for the Military standard 810G test. It is capable of protecting against accidental drops and rough environments. The Military standard tests include the following: MIL-STD-810G Low Pressure (Procedure II) Method 500.5, High Temperature (Procedure I – Storage) & (Procedure II – Operation) Method 501.5, Low Temperature (Procedure I – Storage) & (Procedure II – Operation) Method 502.5, Temperature Shock (Procedure I-C) Method 503.5, Solar Radiation (Procedure I) Method 505.5, Rain – (Procedure III) Method 506.5, Humidity (Procedure I) Method 507.5, Salt Fog - Method 509.5, Sand and Dust (Procedure I) Method 510.5, Immersion (Procedure I) Method 512.5, Vibration (Category 4) Method 514.6, & Mechanical Shock (Procedure IV) Method 516.6. Passed 14 different MIL-STD 810G Tests for durability conducted by an independent laboratory in U.S. that conforms to U.S. military standards. Keep in mind the device may not perform as tested in all conditions. The test performed were done in a controlled environment. Do not attempt. These test confirmations and ratings give the LG G6 a stronger outlook for handling tough situations. It gives users confidence knowing they will have less water damage and less cracked screens. 

LG G6 Goldberg (Official Video) - Built for the unexpected

The LG G6 was made for both durability and reliability. Giving users a stronger phone to handle any life's mishaps from drops to rain. This device can handle it all. Know that you are in good hands when you use a LG G6. Have confidence the safety of your phone has been confirmed. 

Enjoy and remember never use your phone or tablet while driving, be safe and healthy.

Disclaimer:

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee