cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 - Using Capture+ to take great screenshots - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hello everyone!

It has been quite a while since my last blog on a device, and I am excited that I have the opportunity to write about the LG G6, LGs latest device in its already powerful lineup of premium devices!

Today’s topic is using Capture+, which enables you to enhance your screenshots to make them more relevant to what you’re seeking to share. Capture+ is a native screenshot function that previous LG device have utilized, and it is arguably one of my favorite features. This feature has completely replaced the need to take a native Android screenshot via the power & volume down button combination.

Accessing Capture+

First things first – You can access Capture+ by locating the icon in your quick access tray at the top of the screen. Alternatively, if you have customized your home button layout, you can add it to the bottom like I did. This way, I have two ways to access the Capture+ functionality. 

Capture+ Home Tray.pngCapture+ System Tray.png

Two Types of Screenshots

There are two types of Capture+ Screenshots you can take – Standard and Extended. Standard will capture whatever is displayed on the screen, allowing you to mark it up or edit quickly as you need to. The extended option allows you to take a long screenshot, which comes in handy for really long webpages.  Depending on the screen you’re on or the application you’re in, Capture+ will know whether an extended shot is possible (e.g., home screen does not allow extended, but a webpage or Facebook feed would).

Standard_Extended.png

Editing Capture+ Screenshots

You can edit your Capture+ Screenshots very easily.  If you want to resize the capture area, simply click the purple arrow/tab at the top middle of the screen to minimize it. This will expose the cropping area at the corners of the screen, which you can then drag to the desired size of the shot. There is another option to only capture just a small piece of the screen easily, and I’ll go over that in a moment.

Resize Capture Area.png

Once you have cropped your photo, simply tap the purple tab/arrow once again and you’ll be presented with numerous options for editing. From left to right, the options are: Save (Save to gallery or QuickMemo+), Add Text, Change Pen/Color options, Highlighter (great for text!), snippet capturing, and sharing. Each of these options will allow you to customize your Capture the way you want it.  I find it convenient to circle and write notes on the screen, especially when sharing to others – This is especially convenient when you’re trying to give a hint to someone for a gift idea (hint, hint, Jessica!).

Capture Options.pngMarkup Capture.png

The snippet capture is also one of my personal favorites.  Rather than spending time cropping down the photo, I can send a very small portion to someone by tapping it and circling the item I want to send. This is handy when there might be other sensitive content on the screen that you do not want to share and a normal crop may not remove all of the other information.

Capture+_2017-05-01-09-19-35.png

Extended shots are also great, but they can be difficult to read on any other device like a PC, and they may not upload very well to external services like Facebook, Twitter, and others. They’re great because they allow you to capture very long webpages or screens so that you can refer back to them at a later date.  As you can see in the attached image, I took an extended screenshot of a recipe, which makes it easy to refer back to later versus having to recall the webpage. Once your extended Capture+ is complete, you can also edit it similar to a standard Capture+, complete with markups and highlights!

The extended capture process is simple!  Click the “Extended” option when presented, and Capture+ will begin automatically scrolling down the page/screen to capture the content. To stop the capture, simply tap the screen.  Note: If moving content is recognized on the page (e.g., advertisements), the capture will automatically stop.

Long Capture Stop.png

Capture All The Things!

So, now you know how to use Capture+ on your LG G6. The feature is arguably one of my favorites, as I find myself snapping screenshots on an almost daily basis. A typical screenshot simply does not do the trick.

Now, go out and Capture All The Things! Share to your heart’s content!

As always, thank you for reading, and stay tuned for other tips and tricks on the LG G6! If you have questions or general feedback, please feel free to drop a comment below!

Troy Glidden

Service & Repair Manager

Portland, OR area

Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/troyglidden 

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. 

3 Comments
Journeyman

Clicking capture+ icon from any screen beings up a solid colored screen with a lock option at the bottom and doesn't screenshot anything. Why doesn't it work/how can I fix it?

Journeyman

I forgot to add there are options at the top to text or draw and to share but no photo options. It works like a regular notepad. Bummed.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hey @Marsgibs - I think this could be something left over from a previous Capture+ you may have attempted. I noticed that it will keep some of the drawings on the screen if you pressed the home key and later pressed Capture+ again.  Could you try clearing the screen if there is a trashcan or "revert" arrow? 

I'm not currently using my LG G6 as I'm using the S9, and the G6 is in storage at the moment while I prep to move across the country in a few weeks. If you're still having issues, let me know and I'll see how I can help in the interim!