cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G7 ThinQ - Can Handle Everything You Throw At It

Sprint Product Ambassador

LG G7 ThinQ - Can Handle Everything You Throw At It

main-finish-platinumgrey-full.png

Its that Time of Year and LG has yet again dished out another great contender in the wireless phone industry. Released is the LG G7 ThinQ and it has some great specs. The Device Incorporates a 6.1" QHD+ Display; which has 564 ppi (Pixels Per Inch) providing a display size of 1440 x 3120. Now includes a 16MP back camera with a 1.6 Aperture and a 8MP 1.9 aperture front facing camera.  3000 mAh battery with quick charge 3.0. 64 GB internal storage expandable to 2TB with microSD card and 4GB of Memory for operational use. As of this article this device is available today with Sprint for $0.00 down and a lease of $33.00/Month for 18 months or pay full price for $792.00 to own it outright. Special bonus alert right now if you lease one you can get a second one for no additional cost. That is 2 devices for a total of $33.00/Month or $16.50 per device. See a Sprint store partner or online for further details. 

The LG G7 ThinQ device is also sporting the Qualcomm 845 chip with the new Adreno 630 graphics processor. It is the top of line chip in the market to date. This device uses all of its abilities and even comes out above its competitors when it compares in my tests. Clocking a speed up to 2.8Ghz on 8 core processors. 

As with all my phones I run a series of benchmark tests to determine the phone's ability to handle its processor and memory available. I like to know where my phone stands in comparison to other devices. I have tested the device using 4 different performance management software each yielded some great results. When I run my tests I do this first before setting up any other application or service. I have minimal services running in the foreground or background so as to not skew my results. I also make sure my battery operational temperature is around 24-26 degrees Celsius. 

geekbench4.png

Geekbench 4

This performance test again measures the GPU's ability and the CPU processing power. Geekbench 4 scores are calibrated against a baseline score of 4000 (which is the score of an Intel Core i7-6600U). Higher scores are better, with double the score indicating double the performance. The LG G handled itself quite well with a single-core score of 2443 and Multi-core of 8916. In comparison the LG G6 scored 1761/4256. The processor is showing signs to be able to handle heavy usage with high end games and heavy CPU needs being met. For the Graphics computational test the LG G7 scored a RenderScript score of 13509 whereas the LG G6 scored only 6561. In comparison closest match would be based on the Galaxy S8 which processed a CPU benchmark test yielded a surprising result of 6472.

Screenshot_2018-06-25-08-48-14.png     Screenshot_2018-06-25-00-12-46.png

PCMark for Android.png

PCMARK for Android

Utilizing the work 2.0 performance test the application ran its myriad of tests checking processing, picture manipulating, and editing ability of documents, navigating interweb and data manipulation. Along with this test I evaluated the Computer Vision option which aims to focus on the devices performance with image recognition tasks. Finally, the Storage test which checks for the devices ability to handle fast smooth stutter-free performance when accessing storage content.  Work 2.0 performance yielded a score of 7641, Computer vision came in at 4983, and the Storage component was 4791. All these scores are in line with high end multitasking devices. For comparison the LG G6 scored 5303/2973/4194 in the same tests. When it came to competitors the nearest device was the Samsung S9 and S9+ which scored with the same chipset 7536 and 7570. This shows that the LG G7 maximizes the CPU architecture a little better. 

Screenshot_2018-06-24-21-03-42.pngScreenshot_2018-06-24-21-53-47.pngScreenshot_2018-06-24-22-07-26.pngScreenshot_2018-06-24-21-04-38.png

3dMark.png

3DMark 

With 3DMark I ran the Sling Shot Extreme which utilizes the OpenGL ES 3.1 or Vulkan graphics API. Graphic tests are based on a 2560 x 1440 screen resolution. The Slingshot ES 3.1 - Demo program is extremely demanding to get the results it looks for. The applications also tests the devices rendering abilities, graphic intensive ability. It is geared for evaluating a devices ability to handle high end computations for graphic rendering and video playback. It is computed via a graphics test and a physics test to measure CPU performance. The LG G7 Had an Impressive score of 4537 for OpenGL ES 3.1 and 3588 for Vulkan. In comparison the LG G6 had a score of 2084. The Galaxy S9 had a score of 4553. This shows the LG G6 is in line with high-end multitasking and computational abilities.

Screenshot_2018-06-24-20-35-15.pngScreenshot_2018-06-24-20-35-46.png

AnTuTu.png

Antutu Benchmark & 3D Rating

This Benchmark application measures multiple layers of evaluation from memory performance, CPU integer Performance, and 2D 3D graphics Performance. The overall results of this test yielded a score of 263888 while the LG G6 had a score of 138010. This score came back with the device handling a 3D game performance at a high quality mode.  CPU processor also confirmed to support large apps with excellent multitasking. This device is listed as defeating 99% of other user devices who ran the same test. The Galaxy S9 performance had a score of 248538.

Screenshot_2018-06-25-08-57-45.pngScreenshot_2018-06-25-08-59-38.png

The LG G7 sporting the Snapdragon 845 chip can show the world it has what it takes to be a flagship phone. With a jump in CPU processing this adds to the overall ability and gives the device a much need boost to keep up in the industry. Ultimately the LG G7 gives users what they need a powerful phone with high multitasking and gaming abilities.

Enjoy and remember never use your phone or tablet while driving, be safe and healthy.

Disclaimer:
        The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee