cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G7 ThinQ - More Than Just A Camera

Sprint Product Ambassador

I’ve been spending some considerable time with the G7 ThinQ and one of the standout features is the dual camera. For those wondering how it stacks up to the V20 and the G6, i’m pleased to report it’s just as good, if not better. Picture quality is first rate. Colors look amazing, detail in shots is fantastic (even when you zoom in for a closer look at what you just shot). LG has retained many of the same features and modes as previously while also adding a few new new features making this a deep camera.. Let’s dive in and take a look at some of these features.

A.I. Cam

G7a.pngLG G7 ThinQ A.I. cameraLet’s face it, LG has the mantle of “best of the rest” when compared to the likes of Apple and Samsung.  That being said, the A.I. Cam has to be one of my favorite additions to this years camera. LG has dubbed this the “shortcut to great shots”. Using algorithms, the camera determines what is in the shot, be it person, place or thing and suggests the best filter and angle. And that part about the “best filter”, they weren’t kidding. There are tons of filters including shooting in complete darkness so you can get the night sky. And the A.I. Cam isn’t just limited to the rear camera. Flip it around to the front camera and it gives you options to improve your selfie. All in all a neat feature and I hope LG continues to improve upon it. 

Portrait

LG is following other manufactures and including a new Portrait mode for the front facing camera. Much like others, it allows allows your selfies to keep the foreground image clear while making the background out of focus so that your selfie stands out. Truth be told, I don’t take many selfies as i’m never happy with how they turn out, but I like the fact that LG is trying to give more options with the front camera.

Google Lens

G7b.pngLG G7 ThinQ Google LensThe G7 ThinQ has incorporated Google Len’s into their camera. This handy feature allows you to take pictures of objects and text and then use google to search for them. While google has had this around for a while, I liked how LG was taking advantage of it and I hope LG and other manufacturers continue with this trend. 

Modes

Super Bright Camera: Just like the name suggests, it allows you to take bright and clear photos in the dark. I was skeptical at first, however the photo below has made me a believer.

Live Photo: Just as the name implies, live photo records the action before and after your picture and allows you to replay it. While a neat feature, I find I don’t use it all that often.  

Other modes include your standard Auto, Manual (Camera & Video), Cine Video (which gives some preset filters and a zoom feature to give your video a more cinematic feel), Food, Slo-mo, Panorama and AR stickers. I at first thought this was similar to Facebook or Snapchat camera filters but instead it allows you to put animated characters into your environment. Definitely a cool feature and i’ll be looking to see how i can use this more to create silly images.

G7c.pngLG G7 ThinQ Camera Modes

All in all, i’ve been impressed with how well LG has made their cameras of late and the ThinQ is no exception. Have a favorite camera feature or an opinion on the camera itself. Leave your comments below, i’d love to hear them.

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that loves technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions about these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.