cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G7 ThinQ - What a beauty - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hey Everyone!

I recently received the LG G7 ThinQ (is that “think” or “Thin-Q”.. I think it’s best left up to the reader, but I personally like to pronounce it as think – Surely I can’t be the only one that’s had the question, right?) and I have to say it’s pretty slick.

I have been the lucky recipient of quite a few LG G Series, and even V Series, handsets on the Sprint network and I ThinQ this one really takes the cake. Unlke my other blogs, this one will not have any photos. I know, I’m sorry.  I am currently in the process of relocating my family from Washington State to Tennessee and have boxed a lot of my items up that I would normally use, not to mention my space for writing/taking photos is a bit crazy.  So, I didn’t get a chance to take any photos this time around. That doesn’t’ stop you from navigating here or here to view it in all its glory, and even one of those links allows you to purchase it!

The phone truly is beautiful, though.  It’s thin, sleek, shiny, lightweight, and all around perfect in the palm of your hand. I firmly believe, at least so far, that this is the best LG S Series handset to launch to date on the Sprint Network. No, really. 

In the box you get the phone, a USB C Charger, a cleaning cloth for the screen and housing, and a SIM ejector tool.  What’s missing? Oh yeah, the 3.5 MM headset is missing, which is definitely a bit of a bummer.  I have become accustomed to receiving a headset in my device boxes, but this is not one of them.  Although a bummer, definitely not a “no sale” point for me. I’m sure if you’re a phone enthusiast like me, you have tons of extra headsets lying around, or you’ve even upgraded to Bluetooth or other more robust headphones by now!

Device Specs

I was immediately immersed in the 6.1” QHD + FullVision display. It’s bright, beautiful, colorful, and crisp. Images look great, video looks great, heck everything looks great.  The colors really POP on this this screen.  The screen takes up nearly the entire face of the phone, making it nearly bezel-less, which is a huge plus. The phone is only 6.03” tall coming in at ~2.8” wide and a whole .31” thick. The LG G7 ThinQ is actually just as thin as the LG G6, but quite a bit taller than it.  The screen difference alone is noticeable easily.  LG G6 had a 5.7” QHD + FullVision display.   Oh, I can’t go on without mentioning the notch.  You can turn this on or off to your own liking.  I prefer it, actually. It disappears when in applications and moves to the notification bar that we know and love.  I don’t quite understand the dislike for the notch, but to each his or her own!

The cameras have been upgraded on the LG G7 ThinQ as well!  Compared to the LG G6’s 13 MP rear cameras and 5 MP front camera, the LG G7 ThinQ sports dual 16 MP cameras on the rear and an 8 MP camera on the front!  Akin to the LG G6, the LG G7 ThinQ sports a wide-angle lens, perfect for snapping photos that include every little detail!  I’ve grow accustomed to the wide-angle photos and it’s difficult to use a phone without this feature now!

Google!

Google is heavily integrated into this device to make your life easier.  Wait, isn’t Android inherently Google? Why yes, it is, but many of the core Google features on other devices are hidden out of sight or overlaid with User Interfaces that make it cumbersome.  The LG G7 ThinQ has a dedicated Google button on the side.  Similar to Samsung’s Bixby button, the Google Button opens up Google Assistant in a flash, which allows you to ask questions or perform tasks immediately.

If the button wasn’t enough, if you swipe to the far left (immediately left of the default home screen) it brings up your customizable Google Feed. You can see the news, stocks, weather, etc. from here. 

If that wasn’t enough, you can still press and hold the home button to bring up the Google Assistant’s Voice (and Google Lens) feature in an instant.

Finally, at least so far, is the Google Personal Content view. To be honest, I’m not quite sure what the name of this is, but if you swipe down on your screen anywhere but the top bar, a Google screen populates with feature-rich content.  The content it curates is related to you and what you do on your phone. It’s a great snapshot of current, past, and upcoming activities. For example, it lists your top contacts, recent conversations in Email or SMS, calendar events, photos shared with others, and some popular applications  In addition, you can search for an application here as well!

LG has really taken the phone to the next level with these integrations. The phone is simple to use, is fun to use, and keeps everything organized by default. I have an Android device because I like the Google ecosystem, and this phone takes advantage of that ecosystem with ease. Instead of you having to think, the phone ThinQs for you.

I’ve had additional hands on time beyond just opening the phone and I can’t wait to share additional information with you about this phone.  Thanks for reading and I come back next time for more exciting information on the LG G7 ThinQ!

Until next time

Troy Glidden

Service & Repair Manager

Portland, OR area (soon to be TN)

Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/troyglidden 

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.