cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G7 ThinQ - What's In The Box

Sprint Product Ambassador

With the release of the LG G7 ThinQ only a couple of months old, I thought I would be fun to take a look at what comes in the box. I’ll have a full review in the coming weeks, so stay tuned for that.

ThinQ5.jpgLike many manufactures, LG has gone the simple route, minimal route with a large G7 ThinQ logo on the front and the sides. 

Opening the box, the first thing you’re presented with is a small cloth emblazoned with tiny LG logos all over it. I’ll admit I was a bit perplexed as to why LG chose to include this, but as I started to handle the phone, its purpose became readily apparent. The phone is a fingerprint magnet the, so LG’s choice to include a cleaning cloth is a nice touch. ThinQ1.jpg

Next you’ll find the device. Mine came in Platinum Gray but the G7 ThinQ also comes in Moroccan Blue. Much like the G6, the unit is an all metal unibody frame with glass on the front and back. Much like the G6, LG has chosen to keep the fingerprint sensor on the back, has gone with the dual cameras and retained the headphone jack for another. I’m personally ok with this because if it’s not broken, why fix it. 

ThinQ4a.jpg

Finally, you’ll find the USB type C charging cord, a fast charging base, user manuals for the device and a key for the SIM card slot. For those of you wondering where the headphones are, sadly LG decided not to include any. I’m guessing this comes down to a cost saving measure, but when LGs rivals, Samsung and Apple are giving you high quality headphones, i’m surprised LG doesn’t including a pair. This is all the more surprising given that the G7 ThinQ has some really cool audio features.

Overall, there aren’t many frills that come with the device, but it doesn’t detract what feels like a premium phone. I’m currently using the phone so i’ll have a full write up on it along with a look at  some of the key features of it, so stay tuned.

What are you’re early impressions of the device? Do you like it or do you feel its not enough of an evolutionary step? I’d love see your comments below.

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.