cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Gpad F2 8.0 - Camera Review

Sprint Product Ambassador

LG Gpad  F2 8.0 - Camera Review

The LG Gpad F2 comes equipped with dual cameras. Both 5 megapixel (2592 x 1944 Pixels) with one facing front and the other facing back. There was no aperture listed but assume it is higher than 2.2f. This means it will not be the best in low light conditions. For the focus of this review I will mainly be looking at the rear camera.

First I took some pictures to see how the macro worked on this camera and the definition of up close images came out. To me the quality was not too bad. For a 5MP camera the detail of the object came through very nicely with minor edging and distortion seen.

20171112_102128.jpg20171112_102248.jpg

Here are some daytime shots taken outside. Color saturation looks pretty nice look at how the yellow seems to pop. But notice how the white balance appears to be high this is one of the only features that can be changed manually when taking the shot.  Also I wanted to capture the wide angles the camera can pick up though again the 5MP quality can be seen as the crispness of the photo is not seen. 

20171112_102846.jpg20171112_102908.jpg

While the LG Gpads camera is not the best though I still wanted to practice with my Multi-Purpose Target Box including my resolution measurement chart. I am no expert but wanted to give a more in depth analysis. I have taken 4 shots depicting each one of the photo size options ranging from 5.0MP to 3.7MP. Colors seem to have a little more white wash than I am normally use to but again I never messed with the white balance (brightness indicator) but quality seemed to be decent for a tablet camera.

20171106_175459.jpg4:3 (5.0MP)20171106_175554.jpg8:5 (4.1MP)20171106_175641.jpg16:9 (3.7MP)20171106_175705.jpg1:1 (3.7MP)

With the resolution guide the picture does begin to get lost starting around the 5/6 indicator on Graphic C. When I shot this, the camera was mounted on a stable tripod and utilized the 10 sec timer. Though I have to be honest the resolution guide was a print out and not the original.  On the print out you can clearly make out the lines all the way through to the 10 indicator. Graphic D shows the viewing on the vertical and horizontal captures. You can see on the more detail close up in Graphic D the curve of the lines start to blend more after the 5 indicator this what I should expect.  

20171106_180225.jpg

Graphic C

pixel.jpg

Graphic D

pixel2.jpg

The LG GPad F2 5MP camera is a decent camera for basic capturing. As advised I am not a professional photographer I am only trying to show how the camera takes shots in various different controlled scenes. The resolution guide and Multi-Purpose target box were only used to help show the depth the camera can handle and as such yielded some pretty good results. Hopefully this can can give some insight for those wishing to know more. 

Check out some of my other blocs on the LG Gpad F2:

LG-Gpad-F2-8-0-Great-Mid-Range-Tablet

LG-Gpad-F2-8-0-Smart-Cleaning

Enjoy and remember never use your phone or tablet while driving, be safe and healthy.

Disclaimer:

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee