cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Stylo 4 - Great Mid-Tier Device

Sprint Product Ambassador

LG Stylo 4 - Great Mid-Tier Device

The Lg Stylo 4 is LG's next generation device to last year's model. Last year's version was only a 5.7" 1280 x 720 HD display. While this year is sporting a 6.2" 2160 × 1080 FHD+ FullVision™ TFT display. Comes with 2GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage expandable to 2TB with microSD. Runs Android Oreo 8.1.0 and sports the MT6750 Octacore MediaTek processor. As of this writing the device runs $6.44 with a $100 credit when leasing or purchase out right for $288.00.

This is considered a mid-tier device based on its specs. The processor is the key to this level of consideration. The Octacore is made up of 2 separate quad-cores each with 4 Cortex-A53 core processors. 4 high-performance cores clocked at up to 1.5 GHz plus 4 low-power cores clocked at up to 1 GHz. Most of the time, the lower-powered set of cores will be employed. When advanced tasks are needed, however, the faster set of four cores will kick in. This design was built for energy efficiency and not necessarily for high performance.  It is the same Core found in LGs Gpad F2. Though not sure why they didn't just keep the Qualcomm 435 chip, but I guess it doesn't make a difference as these 2 chipsets fall into the same grouping of device tier. 

As with all my phones I run a series of benchmark tests to determine the phone's ability to handle its processor and memory available. I like to know where my phone stands in comparison to other devices. I have tested the device using 4 different performance management software each yielded some great results. When I run my tests I do this first before setting up any other application or service. I have minimal services running in the foreground or background to not skew my results. 

Geekbench 4

geekbench4.png

This performance test again measures the GPU's ability and the CPU processing power. Geekbench 4 scores are calibrated against a baseline score of 4000 (which is the score of an Intel Core i7-6600U). Higher scores are better, with double the score indicating double the performance. The LG Stylo 4 handled itself quite well with a single-core score of 668 and Multi-core of 2801. The processor is showing signs to be able to Midlevel usage with some graphic intense games. The Lg Stylo 3 yielded a score of 622 for single core and 2578 for multi-core. 

PCMARK for Android

PCMark for Android.png 

Utilizing the work 2.0 performance test the application ran its myriad of tests checking processing, picture manipulating, and editing ability of documents, navigating interweb and data manipulation. Along with this test I evaluated the Computer Vision option which aims to focus on the devices performance with image recognition tasks. Finally, the Storage test which checks for the devices ability to handle fast smooth stutter-free performance when accessing storage content.  Work 2.0 performance yielded a score of 3110, Computer vision came in at 1738, and the Storage component was 2671. All these scores are in line with mid rang devices. The LG Stylo 3 had a score of 3811, 1833, and 3993 comparison results. 

3DMark 

3dMark.png

With 3DMark I was unable to run the intensive Sling Shot Extreme which utilizes the OpenGL ES 3.1. Graphic tests are based on a 2560 x 1440 screen resolution. I had to resort to the standard Ice Storm evaluation test. This test is based on the OpenGL ES 2.0 benchmark with displays of 1280 x 720 which the LG Stylo 4 has as a closer screen resolution to. This test is the lightest of the graphic intensive tests.  The program runs 2 types of graphic tests measuring both the GPU performance and lots of vertices. It then measures the GPU performance along with pixel processing. Finally, it test the overall CPU with its standard physics tests. The LG Stylo 4 score again was in line with other mid-range devices. It yielded an impressive score of 6310 as it was able to produce graphics rendering at 30 frames a second. 

Antutu Benchmark & 3D Rating

AnTuTu.png

This Benchmark application measures multiple layers of evaluation from memory performance, CPU integer Performance, and 2D 3D graphics Performance. The overall results of this test yielded a score of 57416. This score came back with the device handling a 3D game performance at mid-level mode.  CPU processor also confirmed to support mid-tier level use for the average user. The Lg Stylo 3 yielded similar results with a score of 40243

The LG Stylo 4 Is great device for a Mid-level user not wanting to have high gaming needs but a device for regular daily use. With the year old MT6750 Processor from MediaTek users may not have the fastest phone based on today standards but a well-equipped phone to give a great overall experience. 

Enjoy and remember never use your phone or tablet while driving, be safe and healthy.

Disclaimer:
        The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee