cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Stylo 4 - It's all about that screen!

Sprint Product Ambassador

It's all about that screen!

Going to get right to the point - The 6.2” Full FHD+ , 18:9 FullVision screen is just fabulous for GPS! 
I've been using the LG Stylo 4 with Android Auto to get to and from pretty well everywhere. 
The large screen on this budget phone has to be the thing I like about it the most - I put it up in the car window and it's just perfect. Obviously smaller than a tablet, this is the ideal GPS companion for my small car.  I don't have to squint to read - times, distances and street names are easily visible. 
I also have to admit the full vision screen has been great for watching video too! See the screen captures I grabbed from a YouTube video by Sony in 4K. Beautiful and clear - though the screen shots don't do it justice. 

A 3-3.5 hour trip using Android Auto on full screen brightness - GPS location on high, Navigation along with Spotify used about 44% battery which I think is pretty respectable. GPS is a battery killer and my other devices don't fare nearly as well when using GPS. No need for wires! I don't have to plug in a charger...
Oh. and get this - the Stylo 4 didn't even get hot!

Of course, I do recommend turning off additional apps. I find rebooting this device does wonders to keep it operating at top speed and reduces battery drain.

I had the Stylo 3 and the Stylo 4 screen is just superior. Obviously a larger display and better screen aspect ratio at 18:9 makes a difference. Don't get me wrong, I liked the Stylo 3 - so not knocking it, just pointing out the upgrade. Makes the Stylo 4 my go-to Navigation device from here on out.

Stylo 4 as GPS/Nav heading out of NYC

Screenshot_2018-09-10-09-38-11.pngScreenshot - Copyright Sony 4K Video DemoScreenshot_2018-09-10-09-37-43.pngScreenshot - Copyright Sony 4K Video Demo
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer: I am super lucky to be able to take part in the Sprint Device Ambassador program. The Product Ambassadors love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of  devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint or the device manufacturers. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. My opinions are my own. I am a Device Ambassador and Blogger... I am not a Corporate or Device Manufacturer spokesperson.