cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Stylo 4 - Set Up and Activation

Sprint Product Ambassador

So, here's an outline of my first experience turning on Stylo 4 Sprint Edition. Figured I'd mention the specs first and then dive in.

Some Features/Specs - Sprint:

• Portrait Mode (front facing camera)
  • 13MP PDAF (fast-focus) rear camera, 5MP Wide-angle front camera
  • DTS® X 3D Surround Audio
  • GIF Capture & Editing
  • Qlens with Visual Search
  • Use stylus to write memos when screen is off
  • Talk time : 21 hours
  • Processor : 1.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750S
  • Operating system : Android™ 8.1 (Oreo)
  • Memory : Internal Memory: 2GB RAM / 32GB ROM
  • Display : 6.2” Full FHD+ , 18:9 FullVision
  • Dimensions : 6.30 × 3.06 × 0.33
  • Battery information : 3300mAh
  • Bluetooth profiles : A2DP, AVRCP, DI, GATT, GAVDP, GOEP, HDP, HFP, HID, HSP, MAP, OPP, PBAP, SPP
  • Knock Screen

Here’s what I noticed first -

Large screen device – bigger than S8+ Must be the 6.2” Display!

Feels nice and solid in the hand – noticed the metal frame compared to all plastic with removable back of the Stylo3. Still fairly light, though heavier-sturdier than last years model

Noticed the USB C which is an upgrade from last years mini USB, though I don’t think it’s fast/quick charge. The plug doesn’t say fast/quick charge at any rate. Also not sure about wireless charging yet.

Boot up:

First startup said ‘erasing’

Then ‘Android is starting’ – Screen looks clean and clear.

Add WiFi Network comes up next – It asks me to type in the Wi-Fi name rather than searching automatically but hitting cancel will bring you to the list of available networks

WiFi - This device has 5G network – great upgrade from the Stylo3

Typing in password was quick and easy

Battery upon boot was at 46% - should be enough to set up the device.

Device tried to activate on the network, however going to swap the phone to an existing phone number - allows for on device swap activation.

Super Easy to swap on the handset with Phone Number and PIN. Device Activated immediately without needing to go to Sprint.com to swap.

Never had this experience before.. .awesome!

Goes through ‘activation’ process on network next and then software updates – Updates took a good 20-30 minutes.

Said complete – checking for voice and text

Checking for updates again

Asks if I want to set up from another device or start as new. I set up as new (always do)

Activation complete and battery at 38% from 46%. Not bad considering all the updates and activation.

Add Gmail account - done

Set up fingerprint – enter pattern for startup

Set up multiple finger prints – love that I can do both hands that way

Google Assistant is automatic

I turn off backup to google drive. I just don’t need a copy of everything I do on my phone automatically in my drive. Then I find I have to delete pictures in 2 places instead of just one. I share what I want to my drive as needed instead.

Startup time is a few seconds slower than my LG G7, but not bad. Generally speaking, I think the speed of the device is just fine.

Not concerned with the 2GB RAM nor the 1.5 Octa processor. Seems more than adequate for an entry level business device. Definitely not overly laggy.

Battery drain with location on and my apps installed was about 9% overnight…

I have more to learn about the device, but that’s what I’ve got so far. J

Have questions about the Stylo4? Thoughts? What do you think about the device?

Stylo4Back.jpgStylo4.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer: I am super lucky to be able to take part in a Device Ambassador program. The Product Ambassadors love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of  devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint or the device manufacturers. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. My opinions are my own. I am a Device Ambassador and Blogger... I am not a Corporate or Device Manufacturer spokesperson.