I've been saying all along I think the LG Stylo 4 is a great work/productivity device.
So, I thought I'd point out some cool productivity features/tips that you might not be aware of...
1) Swiping down on your screen brings up a history and search page. You get a quick snapshot of your recent messages, top contacts, shared images etc. Plus you can search content on your phone from the search bar at the top.
2) Finger Print Scanner swipe option to open your notifications panel. So, here's a cool trick that you may not have been aware of. You can set up your finger print scanner to also open up your notifications by swiping down on it. Why do you care? Well, it's a cool feature and it makes it easy for one handed use to view your notifications. Also, if you do get a notification, your finger is already in place after unlocking your phone to easily see the notifications panel.
3) Not sure why, but by default the Stylo 4 doesn't have a volume slider in settings when you pull down from the notification bar. You pull down and you have access to 'brightness' settings, but the only way to adapt your volume is by using the volume rockers. Well, you can add the volume settings to the swipe down on the notification bar by pulling down and then pulling down again, select edit and then select the 3 buttons in the upper right hand corner. Check the Volume Option. Now you'll have access to get to the phone volume by pulling down, AND there's a menu next to the volume allowing you to set the volume for Ringtone, Notifications, Touch Feedback and Music/Media.
Insert Stylo Volume Options
Adding Volume/Notification Options
4) A lock for your photos - Some 'other' phones have you jump through hoops to create a secure folder and then move pictures to it. Then in order to get to the secure items you need to go back to the specific folder and unlock it. LG Stylo 4 makes it easy. Instead of a separate folder, all you have to do is go to your gallery app. Hit the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and then choose 'lock'. Select content to lock and then press lock You'll be asked to set up a pin or pattern and then to choose the google account to protect your locked content. That's it! If you want to view your locked content, just select the 3 buttons in your gallery folder and select show locked files - enter your pin/password and you're all set.
5) This one should be pretty obvious, but the Stylus and Memo's feature - just pop out the stylus and start writing on the screen. No need to unlock the phone, or open up any apps. Sometimes you just need to quickly write something down and this give you the easy opportunity without having to go grab a piece of paper and a pen. It just comes in handy.
Hope these were useful!
Do you have any tips/tricks or things you like about the Stylo 4? Questions?
Disclaimer: I am super lucky to be able to take part in the Sprint Device Ambassador program. The Sprint Product Ambassadors love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint or the device manufacturers. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. My opinions are my own. I am a Device Ambassador and Blogger... I am not a Corporate or Device Manufacturer spokesperson.