cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Stylo3

Sprint Product Ambassador

After weeks of anticipation, I finally received my new LG Stylo3 phone. This is my second phablet style phone and I was excited to get back to the large beautiful screens and using the stylus to create some doodles and note. So what were my first impressions?

Look and feel:

The first thing that got my attention on the LG Stylo 3 was the large 5.7” screen The LG Stylo 3 has the same size screen as my old Samsung Note 3,  but with a depth of .29’ and weigh of 5.3 oz. if feels a lot lighter. The metallic trim down the sides provide a nice classy style and gives it a high-end look. The back is made from a slick plastic. I recommend getting a phone case for this phone because it has a tendency to slip and slide… a lot.

Power Button

LG placed the power button on the back of the phone just below the camera. After I put in the battery, it took me a minute to find the power button. After 5 years using a Samsung phone, this is going to take a little getting used to. However, the more I use it the more I like it.  The button is perfectly located in the back so that most the time my finger automatically turns it on when I pick it up.

Stylus:

The stylus is beautifully blended in with the metallic trim down the side. If you are not looking for it you will miss it completely. When you pull out the stylus there is a very intuitive menu that lets you use different apps like Pop menu, Capture+, and QuickMemo. Being an avid doodler, I can’t wait to test these apps and see what they can do. 

Display

The HD 1280X720 display is clear and sharp and very responsive. Even after I filled 14GB of the 16GB ROM with all of my apps and information the 1.4GHz Octa Core Processor didn’t flinch. I have not experienced any lag time in-between screens or apps.

Camera:

I haven’t had a chance to really test the camera but the few pictures that I have taken has turned out good. The lighting wasn’t the best, but the image was still clear without any pixilation. I really look forward to testing this 13MP rear facing camera in different light settings.

Now that the anticipation for the phone is over, it is time to see how it performs. Stay tuned as I put this LG Stylo3 to the test and find out if it is a contender or just a glorified doodle pad.

James Smart

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee